We're here for her

Regina PoV:

I was still sitting next to y/n's hospital bed, waiting for her to wake up, I've had called Dr Hopper asking him if he would pick up Henry for me after his horse-riding lesson, since they've had a session together anyway after Henry's horse-riding lesson.

I was flicking through a magazine, however I kept finding myself looking up at y/n, every now and then, she was still unconscious, with a sigh I looked back down at the magazine in my hands, when Mary Margaret and Ruby walked into the room.

"Oh poor y/n," Mary said looking like she was about to cry at seeing her friend.

"What are you two doing here?" I asked sounding annoyed, throwing the magazine on the hospital table as I stood up, placing my hands on my hips.

"We heard about the accident by the town line and got worried," Ruby answered my question remaining calm as she was one of the only few people in this town that wasn't scared of me and I kind of respected her for that, unlike most people in this town.

"She's our friend," Mary added

"How is she your friend Mary? When she has only been in town one whole day?" I asked knowing Ruby could have gotten to know y/n since she was staying at the B&B, though I have no idea under what circumstances, would Mary of even met her, let alone become friends with her.

"Not that it's any of your business madam mayor, however we all when out last night," Ruby informed me, with that information, I felt like someone had put a knife in my heart as I feel myself becoming jealous for some reason and I have no idea why.

"Did the two of you sleep together? Wouldn't surprise me as everyone knows what kind of reputation you have," it was out of my mouth before I could stop myself.

"No, we didn't sleep together," Ruby says straightening her back as she made her way over to me, hands on hips, "If I didn't know any better, I would think you were jealous, Madame Mayor," Ruby says with narrowed eyes.

Before I had a chance to respond, I heard a low groaning sound coming from y/n. "Oh my head," she says opening her eyes then closing them again.

"I'll get a doctor," Mary says running from the room.

"You're awake," Ruby says going to stand beside her bed, I got the urge to push her out of the way, instead I just walk around to the other side of the bed.

"My head feels big, is my head big?" she asks with her eyes still closed, I had to laugh a little at that.

"No, it's normal head size," I reassure her, while resisting the urge to smooth out her hair, while I smile down at her, even though she wasn't looking at me.

"What happened?" she asks in a groggy voice.

"Later, you need your rest," I tell her just as Mary comes back in with Dr Whale, who asks everyone to leave the room, I only step outside of the door, because the moment that I am allowed back in that room, I would make sure I was the first one back at her side as soon as Dr Whale informs us we are allow back inside.

It felt like an eternity before Dr Whale said we could go back inside to be with her.

"How is she?" I asked Dr Whale, taking a hold of her hand, in an attempt to bring her some comfort, at least that's what I tell myself.

"She will be sore for a couple of days, I'm going to keep her in overnight for observation," Dr Whale informs us.

"Thank you Dr," I said feeling relieve that she was going to be alright, I also made a mental note to tell Dr Whale to put her medical bills on my insurance for now, until we could contact her parents, what is it about this girl? that makes me want to look after her and keep her safe? It made no sense to me.

"Can we talk?" Dr Whale asked turning his attention to Mary, taking a hold of her arm, I look at Ruby who was ready to jump in, to defend her friend if necessary.

"Not now, later," Mary tells him, pulling her arm out of his hand, then walking back over to y/n bedside, that was very interesting, had Mary been dating Dr Whale? That bit of information could come in very handy.

After Dr Whale walks out of the room, Mary and Ruby shared a knowing look, god even with the curse they are still best friends that share everything, I look away from them and back down at y/n wondering what her friends were like, she strikes me as the kind of girl who made friends easily.

To Be Continued: