Prologue

Targaryen was a name associated with those born into royalty. Their silver hair was a straight giveaway as to who they were, no name was needed to be said, anybody knew they were of Targaryen blood. 

For Lyanna she had the Stark last name but she was the embodiment of a Targaryen. She had the signature purple eyes that hadn't been seen since Princess Alyssa Targaryen had died, the last harborer of the Power of the Dragon. 

The Power of the Dragon was only bestowed upon one Targaryen woman at a time, when the holder died it would wait until a Targaryen worthy of its power was born. Targaryens were bound to dragons by blood magic, because of this the Power of the Dragon was born. To some they saw it as a curse but to many they saw it as a gift. 

Lyanna nearly set one of the knights on fire on a visit to Kings Landing as her grandfather King Viserys watched with a smile. Aged ten was when she was able to communicate with dragons, not long after is when she claimed her own. Starfyre was the second largest dragon to Vhagar and much younger. When Lyanna claimed her nobody expected her to come out alive as Starfyre was known as a rogue dragon. And when she did at ten years old the realm saw her as a God. From that day on she was respected and known as the Dragon Princess.

Lyanna was the youngest of Princess Daella Targaryen, oldest daughter of King Viserys and Lady Aemma Arryn, and Lord Brandon Stark, son of Rickon Stark who was the Warden of the North.

She had the beauty of her mother which attracted many men around the realm, especially those closest to her. Aegon Targaryen was her uncle only a few years older than her and Jacaerys Velaryon was her cousin the same age as her. 

Both boys had eyes for the Princess and knew the other did too. It was a situation built for disaster. 

Lyanna struggles to cope with the idea she will eventually have to choose one of the boys. Without knowing fully, she is the most powerful woman in Westeros. Her actions will waiver the winning side of the impending civil war. 

...The Dance of the Dragons will begin and end with Lyanna Stark