Ch 8: Don't Blame Me

"Don't blame me, love made me crazy"

My mother and Rhaenyra stood a few feet away from me as I took deep breaths.

"It's okay" my mother said.

I held my hands out as a ball of fire appeared. I continued to take deep breaths as my control of the fire continued. I clasped my hands together, smiling as my mother walked towards me, wrapping her arms around me.

"I'm proud" she whispered.

She let go of my body as Rhaenyra clapped. After they left, I stayed behind to practice more. A few hours later I tried myself out, dragging myself to my chambers. I spent nearly a half hour in the bath until someone knocked on the door. I motioned for the handmaiden to see who it was.

Since Illyana had caught Aegon and I, I'd dismissed her. I couldn't bare to see the look on her face anytime she looked at me. She promised not to tell anyone, and I believed her but I still couldn't see her.

"It's Prince Jacaerys, Princess" she said.

"Tell him I'll be out soon" I said.

She nodded, going back to the door. I got out, drying myself as the handmaiden help me put a new dress on. I quickly fixed my hair before leaving. Jace was pacing back and forth when I approached him.

"Nervous for something?" I asked.

"No" he said.

He smiled as we walked down the hall. We wandered outside as the sun began to set. I looked at the flowers, leaning down to sniff each one.

"We should probably go back inside" Jace said.

"Scared?" I asked.

I looked over my shoulder as he smirked. It was completely dark now we made our way back towards the castle. I stopped, looking up at the stars.

"It's beautiful" I whispered.

"I think you're more beautiful" he said.

I smiled, looking at him. I held my hand out as he graciously grabbed it. He pulled my body towards his as he put his other hand on my waist. We swayed back and forth, laughing until I put my head to his chest.

"Jace" I whispered.

"Lyanna" he whispered back.

"I miss Brandon" I said.

"We could go to Winterfell, I'm sure he'd love to see you" he said.

I put my chin to his chest, looking up to him.

"You'd go with me?" I asked.

"I'd do anything with you" he said.

I smiled, going to lean in when he was yanked away from me. I realized it was Aegon who took him away from me as he began punching Jace. I stepped back as Jace hit him back. Both of them were yelling as I just stood there.

"Aegon!" I yelled. "Get off him!"

Guards rushed passed me, tearing them apart from one another. Out of the two, Aegon was the far better fighter. It wasn't that big of a surprise when Jace had more blood on him than Aegon. I rushed towards Jace, putting my hands on either side of his face.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

He was glaring at Aegon as I turned his face to look at me.

"Come on, Princess" a guard said.

"I'm not leaving him until I know he is okay" I said.

I grabbed Jace's hand as we walked inside the castle, not giving Aegon a second glance. We got to Jace's quarters as I watched the maester clean up his face. Rhaenyra ran in, checking on Jace.

"What happened?" She asked.

"Aegon attacked him for no reason" I said.

"Are you harmed?" She asked.

"No" I said.

Rhaenyra was furious but it was far too late to do anything about it. I waited until Rhaenyra and the maester left to talk.

"How's your nose?" I asked.

"It'll heal" he said.

We both stood up, walking towards one another. I put my hand on his face, inching forward until our lips touched.

"I love you, Lyanna" he said. "I always have and I think you've known. I'm meant to marry someone, someone to call my Queen. And I want that person to be you."

"What are you saying?" I asked.

"I want to marry you" he said. "I want to call you my wife."

I backed away putting my hands on my stomach, thinking it'll contain the butterflies within.

"Please, say something" he said.

"I want to marry you, Jace" I said.

He smiled, grabbing me as we engulfed in another, much longer kiss.