Epilogue

"Did some force take you because I didn't pray?"

The death of Queen Lyanna Targaryen shook the realm. Rhaenyra thought all was well now that Lyanna was dead and the Iron Throne was hers. But as Lyanna said in her dying words, the North always remembers. And in that the North did remember. 

Rhaenyra was Queen of the Seven Kingdoms for six days until she was killed by Brandon Stark. In a fit of rage him and Rickon had killed every single one of Rhaenyra's supporters who were at Kings Landing. 

Aegon had been in denial the days after his wife's death. He held her corpse in those six days as he waited to be executed. He had finally accepted death, not wanting to live life without her until Rickon had let him out of his cell. 

After Kings Landing was taken back, the realm was in shambles, they had no ruler. What was left of the small council had agreed on making Aegon the King. He refused many times before ultimately agreeing. 

The crown he once wanted more than anything meant nothing now. The love of his life was gone. He would wear the very crown his deceased wife wore during her reign. It disgusted him more than anything. He took it off any chance he got. He fell into a deep depression, neglecting his daughter. 

Anytime he looked into the eyes of Visenya, he saw a glimpse of his Lyanna. It killed him more than anything. Visenya reminded him so much of Lyanna and it broke his heart. He would have given anything to see Lyanna for just one more minute. 

He never married again, as much as the small council had persuaded him to. He could never love another like he did Lyanna. They urged him to produce more heirs in the event something happened to Visenya. Each and every time, he refused. 

Once Visenya reached the age of sixteen Aegon had killed himself. He poisoned himself, not being able to bare another, dreadful year without Lyanna. The older Visenya got, the more she reminded Aegon of Lyanna. She had her beauty, her beautiful purple eyes and did her hair the same as Lyanna. This was the reason Aegon often neglected Visenya. 

Visenya had married Rickon and Baela's son only a few days prior to her father's death. In the sixteen years she was alive she was often compared to her mother by her looks and her personality. She had no recollection of her, she was only six months old when she was killed. 

She was mainly raised by Baela, who she saw as her mother. Rickon, like Aegon, stayed clear of Visenya as much as possible. He saw his little sister every single time he looked at Visenya. Their last conversation replayed in his head at night, it gave him nightmares. 

Brandon had left Kings Landing in the past. Since the death of Lyanna he never returned. Aegon had let the North be its own, it was no longer apart of the Seven Kingdoms. Brandon blamed himself for not staying with Lyanna that day. If he had stayed he could've killed Daemon before he got the chance to kill his sister. 

He had never cried in his life time. Not even for the death of either of his parents. But when Lyanna died, he cried. Late at night, he escapes his bed, going down to the crypt of the Great Keep. He stands in front of his fathers tomb, begging for forgiveness. He failed to protect his sister.. he had failed his father. 

The Dance of the Dragons began and ended with Lyanna Targaryen...