11 Dusty Stage

Rui POV:

     It's been an hour since Tsukasa left for Akito's house. I just want him to get back already. I don't know why but I'm feeling anxious. He told me he'd be back by now, but he isn't.

I feel my palms start to sweat, the back of my neck gets hot. My breathing gets heavy, and I have trouble keeping it up.
This isn't good..

I look down at my trembling hand. I reach for Tsukasa's phone which he left here.

Who can I call.. Who- MIZUKI! I frantically clicked the call button.

"Tsukasa! What's up?" Mizuki had a kind of panic in her voice.

"T-his is Rui.. C-come quick... Please.. I, I can't.. Breathe.. Please." I gasped for air.

"Rui?! I'm on the way! HANG ON!! Stay on the phone with me okay?!" I could hear keys clicking and an engine starting.

Soon Mizuki slammed open the door. "RUI! ARE YOU OKAY? WHERE'S TSUKASA??" They ran towards me, and pulled me close.

"He-he went somewhere.." I rested my head on them..

"Alright, until he gets back, I'm gonna need you to take some deep breaths for me alright?" Mizuki looked me in the eyes.

I tried my best to do what they said. I felt confident to talk again. "What's ha-appening to me??" I wiped a few tears from my eyes.

"I think you might be having a panic attack. Do you know why?" They asked, embracing me in a hug.

"I- uh.. Well.. I miss Tsukasa? That's all t-that comes to mind.." I said, digging through my thoughts.

"Maybe it's a separation issue?" They replied.

"That might b-be it." I said, feeling the tears coming back.

Just then, the door swung open. Tsukasa looked at us and panicked
He ran towards us and got on his knees.
"What's going on?! Are you okay?!" He looked and at me, and hugged me and Mizuki.

"He missed you a lot." Mizuki said.

"I'm sorry. Next time I'll bring you with me.." Tsukasa replied, hugging us tighter.
After hearing a weird noise, i turned to look in Mizuki's direction. Mizuki was sound asleep, snoring. I look at Tsukasa, he's also sleeping. Eh. Whatever. I close my eyes, and join my friends, fast asleep.

I wake up at my house and see Tsukasa next to me. Just on queue, hologram me runs up the stairs to the bedroom, and back down with a bulky looking bag.

He runs out the front door and we follow. He eventually arrived at Phoenix Wonderland, an amusement park.

He runs towards the direction of all the states and performances. He stops and catches his breath at the least attracting one there. A run down, dusty stage, with no colorful lights, no snack shops near by and no people.. Or so we thought.

Two girls pop out from behind the stage curtains.
"RUI! WONDAHOII!" A very familiar shortish girl with pink hair and a bright smile, says. Nene stood beside her, with way less enthusiasm. "Hey Rui." She said, smiling the slightest bit.

They start to talk about something small, but I don't pay much attention because I wanted to check on Tsukasa, he hasn't said much of anything to me.

I look over at him. He looks horrified.
"What's wrong, Tsukasa?" I ask, sweating a bit over how scared he seems to be.

"You knew Emu?!"

"Is that her name?" I ask.

"DON'T YOU REMEMBER AT ALL?!" He blows up at me. He looks at the ground, sniffling a bit. I can tell he was trying to hold back tears. "Emu.. My best friend. Died, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME.. And I don't think I'll ever be able to forgive myself for not saving her." He said, he looked up at me with tears flowing out of his eyes like a waterfall.

He started to look a bit ill. I decided to come back to they conversation later and deal with how he was feeling. "Hey are you oka-" before I could finish, Tsukasa collapsed onto me. I out my arms around him to be secure.

"Tsukasa?... Tsukasa wake up!" It didn't work. I had no choice but to finish the vision without him. I'll just fill him in later, I guess.

I looked up at the dusty stage. By now, hologram me was standing up there with the two girls. They were having a conversation but I couldn't hear it well, so I stepped closer.

"Where's Ryota?" Hologram me, asked..
"I don't know, he hasn't shown up yet.." Emu replied, stroking her hand on her chin as if it were gonna help her pinpoint where he was.
"Probably just a little late, that's all. We shouldn't worry about it too much." Nene added.
We all nodded our heads to agree.