18 Life Is Better

Rui POV:

I hugged Ms. Te- mom. I hug my mom in law. I didn't realize why I got emotional until I was being embraced by my boyfriend and his mother.

A flash back, I didn't get it from a fragment, just...out of the back of my mind??! How is this possible? Whatever..

"Mom? I'm home." I said, calling for my mom. She wasn't in the kitchen waiting to greet me. That's weird...

I walk upstairs to see her bedroom door closed. I knock, no answer. *sigh*

My hands start to sweat when I grasp the brass door knob. I take a quick deep breath.

I gently open the door...

"MOM?! MOM!" I fall to my knees and cry, a chair with dangling feet sat in front of me. I wanted to throw up, what the hell?? Why?... Why, mom?. How could you leave me alone.

My dad was gone shortly after birth, then my mom didn't stay in the picture to see me turn 18. A tragic life, isn't it? But now, things are different. I have a boyfriend and a mother in law. I have family again... I cried harder.

Me and Tsukasa pulled away from Mrs. Tenma. I was still crying so Tsukasa squeezed my hand, stood on his toes and kissed my cheek. I smiled.

Our attention darted back to his/our (idk😭😭) mother. "I'm so happy for you two. I hope I'm better by the wedding..." She said, happily.

We stuck around for another hour or two before the nurse kindly told us that visiting hours were over. I was rather disappointed we had to leave, Mrs. Tenma is a very nice person to talk to, just like her son.

Once we got home, we went to Tsukasa's room.

Tsukasa POV:

Me and Rui sat on my bed cuddling and chatting for a little while, until I had to use the restroom. "I'm gonna go to the bathroom real quick." I said, getting up from Rui's lap.

I went down the stairs and through a hallway leading to my bathroom. That's when I saw it. The mirror my boyfriend and I met through. The reason I'm so happy.

By now, the mirror was no longer a piece of junk. Most shards were put back perfectly into place like they'd never been broken off at all. A few pieces remained. I'm glad I know about his life. It's interesting to learn about someone's life like that. I thought, continuing my journey to the bathroom.

I finished doing my business, then went to the sink to wash my hands. I pumped the soap into my hand and turned on the faucet. While washing my hands, I looked up at the mirror.

I noticed something...different about myself. Something different then before Rui came into my life. Ah! That's it... My light. The light in my eyes is brighter than it's ever shone.

I truly am happy. Maybe life isn't so bad.

I remember when I thought things could never get better, but they did. When Rui first arrived I was planning to get him out of my hair quickly so I could keep on schedule with the plan to off myself. February 5th to be exact. But, that changed. Rui's been with me for a month. Now, here we are. On February 5th, happy. Strange isn't it?

I smiled I in the mirror before drying off my hands and going back upstairs.

As I was about to open the door to my room, Rui opened it first. He seemed shocked to see me right there, "Oh tsukasa. I was gonna go check on you because you took a while, but here you are!" He said, smiling warmly.

I smiled back, "yeah, sorry! I got a little bit too lost into thought." I replied.

He let me in the room and we went back to cuddling.

I looked my boyfriend in the eyes, "I love you." Then closed my eyes. I don't know what he said afterwards because I fell asleep.

Then.. I woke up. Rui holding a blueish-purple shard stood in front of me. The world around us morphed to a sidewalk of a busy town.

Fake Rui and Nene walked in the sidewalk holding a few shopping bags. "Rui? Something wrong? You've been spacing out a lot recently. And don't even try to avoid it. I can read you like a book..." Nene said, looking up at fake Rui. He seemed to get nervous. I'm guessing it's because of what Ryota said backstage.

"Uh well..." He sighed and stopped walking. He looked at Nene and took a deep breath, "Ryota told me I was in his way and he hated me, some other stuff too. But most of all, he said I was in the way of you and him. I'm not into you! Also, I didn't know you two were a thing..." Fake Rui said.

Nene seemed shocked, "huh?! No. We are not dating.. I'm for sure not into him either. Nobody is going to be mean to my best friend like that." Nene replied proudly. Fake Rui laughed, "hah, classic Nene." They laughed and continued down the street.

Hey guys! Sorry for the short chapter, I've been having writers block recently. But the way, I'm thinking, after this story I wanna make another au, about the book "They Both Die In The End" but with pjsk characters. Probably gonna be Ruikasa. If you haven't read the book it's basically where you get a call telling you your gonna die today, and it's never wrong. So you have to live your day until you meet your end. I think it'd be neat. Anyways byee!! 💗