20 All Alone Again...

Nene POV:

As I left the couples house, a wave of guilt flew over me. I wish I told them sooner. They wouldn't have gotten so attached to each other then.

A year trickled down my face as I imagined the duo separating. It was almost an impossible thought, yet it was perfectly logical for it to happen.

Howecer this turns out, I'll be there for them every step of the way... I'll make sure of it!

Rui POV:

I held Tsukasa in my arms while we both sat I silence, fighting back overwhelming loads of tears. The tears finally let loose when I came to the thought of having to leave my wonderful boyfriend.

We ended crying ourselves to sleep after that. It's all we could really do, before I passed out I prayed to not come across another memory shard for a long while.

I woke up to Tsukasa being gone. He left a note by the couch we fell asleep on. "I'm at the store. It's been a while since we've went shopping so I decided to get it over with, I love you<3" I smiled.

Then I stood up and brushed by the full length mirror I transported out of on my way to the bathroom. A cold sweat started on my face when I saw one shard missing...

I fell to my knees. This can't be the end! Can it...?! I out my hands over my face and got lost in my head. I can't leave him! He needs me and.... I need him!

Tsukasa POV:

I came home with the groceries to see Rui on the couch looking sadly at the tv scrolling through boring news channel, after boring news channel. "I'm back, my love." I bent over and kissed his cheek. He snapped out of his depressing trance and smiled at me, blushing at the kiss.

He walked into the kitchen and put away the groceries with me.

You know, I've been noticing something different about him. He's been really clingy. I mean, what Nene said got to me too but I didn't think he would be like this about it. I'm trying to stay positive and keep things normal for now but he's acting like things have changed already. I'll ask him what's up after I go to the bathroom.

The groceries were fully put away and I walked to the Hall near the bathroom. Rui followed me and awkwardly stood in front of the mirror which he arrived here from. I stopped in my tracks and looked at him weird. I tried peering past his body but he just scorched wherever I tried to look. I just continued my walk to the bathroom.

I then did my business and came back out of the room. Rui still stood in front of the mirror, but his gaze was averted to the tv still playing in the living room. He was distracted enough that I could get a good glance at whatever he was hiding before.

As I looked at the mirror, my heart sank. The one missing shard made my heart skip a beat. My face turned pale, "Rui. Is this what you were hiding from me...?" He turned to look at me with a  terrified expression on his face.

Just then, all my despair turned to anger. "Why wouldn't you tell me..?!" I said in an obviously ticked off manner. He seemed startled at my random snap.
"I.. I didn't want you to worry." He said, his eyes meeting mine.

I scoffed quietly. "Well, we're supposed to be going through this together! You can't keep it to yourself! I'm apart of this too!" I yelled, tears slowly brimming around my eyes as I tried to blink them away.

He started to cry as well. "JUST SHUT UP!"  He yelled, covering his ears. The room went so quiet you could hear a pin drop. My tears dripped down my face quickly.

He uncovered his ears and took a deep breath, "let's face it. I'm better off by myself. You'll get too attached to me that you'll try to stop me from going home. It'll hurt me to see a sad look on your face, so please. Stop caring." He said, then balled his hands into fists.

I cried even more, "FINE! Just solve your stupid problem on your own." I said, marching upstairs to my room.

I locked my bedroom door behind me and cried. Im all alone again...