15 social anxiety

Nene POV:
"That was a good show guys! Honami, you should sing louder your voice is beautiful. Nene, you need to be braver with the choreography, you can dance really well." Airi said, hanging up her stage outfit.

We nodded then she left. "When's the next practice again? I need to make sure I schedule drum practice on a more away date." Honami asked.

"The 21st." I replies, grabbing my bag and waving her goodbye. My mom's car awaited me outside.
"So you need me to drive you to your friend's house right?" Mom asked.
"Yeah, that's right." I answered looking at my phone.

Tsukasa and Rui invited me over today. Though, they aren't answering any of my texts. Whatever, I'm excited but nervous. They said we were having a sleep over with a few others. I hope I can make friends with them, I'm trying to improve my social skills.

My thoughts were interrupted when my mom pulled up to the parking lot. "We're here honey! Have a good time, I'll be here to pick you up tomorrow." I left after saying bye to my mom.

I knocked on the door. Nothing... What do I do now?! I look stupid standing here at an not answering doorstep with a duffle bag.

I pulled out my phone to text my mom that I changed my mind until I heard a car pull up. Two people stepped out, somebody with pink hair and a guy with orange hair.

"Hey! You're Nene aren't you? They didn't answer the door? Don't worry I got you." They stuck a key in the door knob, the key looked like a counterfeit but i decided not to say anything.

They busted open the door and to all of our shock we saw Tsukasa and Rui holding hands cuddling on the couch.

The person with pink hair walked over to Rui and Tsukasa and shook them. "Hey! We were sitting out there waiting, you know! And what's up with this!?" They asked.

Both of their faces went red. The guy with orange hair acted like it was normal and set his stuff down beside a chair, then sat down on the chair.

After a few minutes, I decided to do the same, I sat down at the chair next to his.

Mizuki calmed down and also did we did.

Rui and Tsukasa also calmed down. "Okay, Nene, Mizuki (Akito knows..) Tsukasa is.. My boyfriend." Tsukasa looked down, embarrassed.

"Oh, wow... I know I teased Tsukasa about it before, but I never thought either if you would take action." The person with pink hair, who turned out to be named Mizuki, said.

The guy with orange hair, who was named Akito looked amused.

"I only met Tsukasa once, but congrats I guess." I mumbled.

"Anyways, how are we gonna start this sleepover?" Rui asked.

"I have an idea.." Mizuki looked at us all with a mischievous grin on their face.
They then proceeded to pull out a case of nail polish.

Akito looked at them like they had committed a war crime, "No." "Oh come on, Lil bro. Don't tell me you never wanted to get your nails painted before.."

I noticed Akito's expression softened when Mizuki called him 'lil bro'. I guess because of that he agreed. I'm assuming their close.

Tsukasa started painting Rui's nails purple, Mizuki wanted to paint Akitos nails. That meant I was alone. Again..

"Nene?" Tsukasa asked. I walked over to the couple.

"I don't have anybody to do.." I said.

"Mizuki's having some trouble, why don't you help them?" I felt myself start to sweat. I can do this.

I slowly inched over to them. Before I could utter a word Mizuki told me to sit down beside them.

"Nene! I need your help. I don't know what color Akitos needs, you would think Orange looks good right, nope, not yellow, pink or purple either." They handed me the case of colors.

I dug through the case to find something that matches Akito. "Um, how about this?" I mustered up the courage to hold up a small bottle of black nail polish.

Akito rolled his eyes, "yeah whatever.." He held out his left hand first. I smiled and got to work. Mizuki talked to both of us, maybe this isn't so bad..