guitar lessons

really random of me but i decided to make a nice fluff oneshot about learning guitar. it's just a random person, but feel free to imagine it with whoever you wanna. kinda cringe but....just go with it.

enjoy :)

Word count: 1631.

"No no no, it's fret, 7 7 10 7 5 3 2." I said as I walked up the stairs to where Dan was practicing Seven Nation Army on his guitar.

I sat down on the floor in front of him and leaned back on the wall. "What? But my teacher said it was on a whole other string."

I examine his guitar and furrowed my eyebrows. "Wait, what's wrong with your guitar?" It only had four strings and looked like it had much less frets than actual guitars. No, it was not a ukulele. It was an actual guitar, just weird looking.

He looked down at his guitar and then back up at me. "Oh, it's a modified one for beginners."

"Haven't you been playing it for a few months now?"

"So?"

I sighed. I looked around the whole theatre. It was huge and empty, only me and Daniel occupying the space between the wall and the seats on the 26th row.

I spotted a few racks with multiple guitars on them behind the red curtains on the stage. "Hey, let's go down there to find an actual guitar."

He rolled his eyes and nodded, standing up before me and holding a hand out to me. "Milady." I laughed and shook my head, taking his hand and using it to get up.

As we were going down the multiple stairs, he asked, "Why didn't you bring your own guitar?"

Since I was in front of him, I glanced back at him before responding with, "I didn't think your guitar was gonna be all weird looking. Thank god there are extra guitars provided."

"Hey! You don't have to be so rude to my poor guitar," he said and I glanced back again, seeing him pouting and holding his heart as if he was actually very offended.

"Yeah, yeah. Let's just get a guitar and go practice."

We were finally all the way down, having to walk up just one last flight of stairs to get up on the stage. "Oh god, I hate stairs."

I said panting as we finally reached the stage. Dan just nodded along and followed me backstage through the curtains.

"Holy shit, look at these guitars," he said as he admired all the famous and ridiculously expensive guitars the school provided.

"Wait, you've never snooped around here before?" I asked with furrowed eyebrows.

Daniel looked baffled. "Um excuse me for not being a criminal like you that snoops around everywhere."

"Hey! Snooping around a music school that YOU go to and pay for, is not a crime. At least I don't think it is," I mumbled the last part to myself as I looked through the less expensive guitars that students could borrow for me and Dan to use.

"Oh my god, Maia, check this out." I heard him laughing so I just had to look. "Oh my god."

I burst into laughter as I saw Daniel pretending to be Eddie Van Halen with a guitar that had Shrek's face printed on it. "Wait wait, I have to take a picture of this."

I couldn't stop laughing as I took it.

After our laughing fit, I let out a loud sigh and went back to browsing the guitars while Dan was putting the hilarious Shrek one back. "Can't believe they have one of these," he said.