Camp Out

Wren

Gael drives us all to Cedarwood Lake and parks on the grass where he drops the tailgate and produces a cooler full of cold beer.

"Your dad?" I question.

"Yeah, he doesn't care, he said the drinking age should be 18..." Gael assures me.

"You're 17..." I remind him. 

"Who's counting?" Gael laughs.

"And don't worry your responsible little head Wrenny, we're camping out," Kilian points to a pile of blankets and pillows in the back of the truck.

"You guys thought of everything, huh?"

"Yep, we're just a bunch of degenerates celebrating our favorite girl," Declan announces.

I can't stifle my laugh, he's right, my friends are degenerates but they are the best friends I could ever ask for. Gael tosses a beer to everyone and we all crack them open.

"Oh my God you guys, guess what Quin reminded me of today?" I giggle.

"Football butts?" Declan says.

"I suppose that was a good guess but no, we were talking about when we played food spies."

"Mr. McCheese reporting for service," Kilian chimes in and everyone laughs.

"Agent Peanut Butter at the ready..." Declan chuckles.

"Cheeto, coming in," Gael makes a crackling radio sound.

I can't stop laughing, "What ever happened to all those other kids we played with?"

"Who knows, most of them were probably on vacation," Kilian explains.

"We need to keep these nicknames, I like them," Declan insists.

"I'm not sure if I want to be called Snowball," I giggle and everyone laughs along with me.

We spend the next few hours just hanging out until it gets really late. Kilian makes a bed for us in the truck bed and Gael and Declan crash in the truck. 

I lay back on the pillow and look up at the stars, "Kil, this night was so perfect thank you for everything."

"Thank you for being you."

He leans in to kiss me goodnight and the truck wiggles.

"Hey! You two, no rocking the boat!" Gael yells.

I giggle again and Kilian wraps his arms around me and we drift off to sleep in bliss.

*****

The next morning I'm woken up by the sun shining and birds singing. When I look over at Kilian the sun is painting his chiseled face, he is so handsome, I'm so lucky to have him. I caress his face with my hand and he smiles sweetly in his sleep.

That was the best birthday I've had in such a long time. Now I have to figure out what I'm going to do for Kilian's birthday in a few weeks. I have an idea, but it's not really a decision I can make on my own. Every night when we're in bed there is so much sexual tension between us and I'm pretty much at the point where... I'm done waiting. We've been waiting for so long to just even be together and now that we are in love and basically live together it's even harder to ignore the urges.

I curl my fingers into Kilian's soft hair and study his face. I know it's crazy but I already want to spend the rest of my life with this man, I just know it. It's not exactly like I can plan some kind of sexy night for us at my dad's house so maybe we should just wait until we move. I just wish I could think of something special to do for him.