My Girl

Wren

On my way back to the living room I see my guitar and I don't know if it's everything that's happened the last few days or the alcohol but I decide to pull it out.

When Kilian sees me carrying it his eyes light up, "Oh boys! You're in for a treat," he grins.

"What? What's going on?" Gael asks.

"Look what Kil got me for my birthday," I hand the guitar to Gael and he and Declan pour over the engravings.

"Explain yourself but leave out the heart..." Declan teases.

"I think it's obvious, the roses are full-on Wren's vibe," Gael explains.

"But what is the coffin and why a guitar?"

"The coffin is a special thing, you know we want to get tattoos together... well we're going to put all the bad shit in the coffin and lay it to rest, close it up and move on."

"That's actually really cool," Nolan says.

"That's all Wrenny."

"And, why a guitar?" Declan insists.

"You see, our girl here has been keeping a pretty serious secret from you," Kilian smiles at me.

I blush and take the guitar, it's time to open up, "Kil, what should I do?"

"You Don't Own Me, it's perfect for tonight."

I nod, put my drink down and pull the guitar strap over my shoulders. When I stand up in front of all the boys, the three that love me and the one that someday might be my brother-in-law I get a little nervous but realize this is the best place I could do this. Alright, it's time to evict the butterflies, time to own this.

I take a breath and start to strum. Declan's eyes light like he can't believe what he's hearing. Nolan looks confused and honestly I can't bring myself to look at Gael because everything is so fresh with him that I'm not sure if we can handle any more awkwardness. 

It's time to sing, I can do this, do it, do it for Kilian, do it for yourself, "You don't own me, you don't own me, can't you see it, you need to believe it."

Kilian's eyes look wet, and his smile could go on for miles. Nolan is shocked, but Declan is just smiling sweetly at me like he knew it all along. Finally, I decide to look at Gael, he's smiling sweetly at me, just like Declan, like he's proud.

"I am my own person, time to be who I need to be, no, you don't own me."

I'm strumming quicker now, the breakdown is approaching and I decide to let it go, for real, more than even Kilian has heard before. "You don't own me, I'm not your clay to mold, you don't own me, this isn't your hand to hold."

I take a deep breath and let out my belt, "You don't own me!"

Once the song is finished Kilian steps up behind me and wraps his arms around my waist, he whispers in my ear, "I'm so proud of you."

The boys clap, "I'll allow this sweetness for once, kiss your girl, that was amazing," Declan smiles.

Kilian pulls me in and kisses me intensely but right when I'm about to lose myself in the moment, "Enough!" Declan exclaims and everyone laughs.

"Kil, now that I've put myself out there I think it's only fair if..."

"Wren, I don't know if I can," he says stopping me before I can even say it. 

"If you can, what?" Gael insists.

"Fuck," Kilian mouths and his cheeks get all red. 

"Kilian, it's okay, just like today..." I say softly; Declan and Gael are chanting, "Kilian! Kilian!"

"You assholes are drunk but at least you might not remember this," he laughs at the boys, "Okay, Wrenny you win."

I start to strum Lucky and Kilian smiles at me, it melts my insides a little bit. All of a sudden everyone else in the room seems to fade away. Kilian and I just sing and think about the song. Our eyes lock and we sing to each other while I play the guitar. Too soon for my taste it's over; I pull my eyes away from Kilian and look around the room. Nolan is standing up and walking towards us, Gael and Declan are sitting there, mouths agape.

Nolan claps Kilian's back, "Wow, I didn't know you had it in you."

"I didn't either, Wren pulled it out."

"You guys sound really good together, what are you going to do?" Gael asks.

"Maybe, write songs?" I offer.

"Well, no matter what, you know we'll have your back, that was awesome," Declan grins.

Everyone descends into madness after that and we all drink together until the early morning, no one goes too overboard but it's a great time. Eventually the night winds down and Nolan goes to his bedroom. Gael and Declan crash on the couches and Kilian brings me to his bedroom.

"Wrenny, I'm so proud of you, you shine brighter than the sun."

"Kil, you are amazing and you don't even know it." 

"No."

"Yes, you standing there bearing your soul for everyone was the sexiest thing I've ever seen," I insist.

"Mmm Wren, we have a house full, you better be good or I'm going to embarrass you," he teases.

"They're drunk, they don't care..."

"Wren."

"You know I'm right," I say, whipping my dress over my head.

"Damn, you are so perfect..." Kilian gasps and walks closer to me to run his hands over my body.

"Kilian, take me, I'm yours, no rules."

"Fuck Wren! Stop!" he chuckles.

"No," I slide my hands up his toned torso to pull his shirt off. "Wrenny is coming undone, the bad girl is here, you decide if you want to play with her."

Kilian dives into my neck and peppers kisses over my décolletage down to my breasts.

"God, Wren, you are so fucking hot."

"And all yours."

He all but rips my bra off; He's using his tongue to tease me then ever so gently bites my hard nipples.

"Kilian, oh my God."

"Sorry baby, I've literally been thinking about all the ways I'd take your body for years and now you just gave me a free license," he says with a guilty smile but he doesn't know I liked it.

"Mmm, and what else did you imagine?"

He places his lips on my neck and peppers open-mouthed kisses on my skin before he bites down, kind of hard. The pain is actually pleasurable. His mouth on my body, the way he wants me, it's all so sensual. He sinks his teeth in a little deeper causing me to gasp. He looks into my eyes as if to check I'm okay then kisses and licks his mark on my neck until the pain subsides.

"My girl..."

"Mmm Kilian, yes, I'm your girl."