An Unexpected Visit

Summary: In wich a certain ginger gets a visit from his (maybe high) boyfriend. Chuya has reputation to protect and feelings get hurt.

Nosy Akutagawa's Perspective

Mori-san told me to go find Chuya. He needs him for a strategy meeting. I spot the ginger smoking in the alley way.

As I'm approaching him I see that someone else is behind him . . . Dazai! I want to do something but then I decide that, it broad daylight, why not let this play out?

Chuya seems to hear the other man and turns, "Is there something you need?" He asks rather formally. If it wasn't Dazai he was talking to, I'd swear he must be teasing.

Chuya's Perspective

I turn to the detective, he was quiet. I almost hadn't heard him coming, almost. "Is there something you need?" I ask hoping to remind him it's still Port Mafia business hours. He doesn't seem to care.

"Just your heart . . ." He says and I'm about to scold him for being so affectionate in such an open place, or take his temperature. He must not be in his right mind to come and do this. All these thoughts only take a second and I'm about to say them out loud when he continues, "Chibikko."

The pet name sends and involuntary shiver down my spine and his beautiful voice does strange things to my heart.

Now Eavesdropping Akutagawa's Perspective

"Chibikko." The detective says.

I flip the word over in my mind, it means, small child but something about the way he said it . . . it tugs at me. And I swear I see Chuya shiver. His eyes flash dark blue for a second then back to normal.

"Not here dumbass!" He hisses

"Aww!"

"Stop pouting! You're acting like the little kid," the detective pouts dramatically, "and what are you doing over here anyway, I know you had a mission but this is way into the Port Mafia's territory?"

"I'm taking a sick day." The taller says

The shorter man's eyes immediately fill with worry. "Are you sick?"

What's going on here? That detective must be harassing Chuya. I take out my phone and call for backup.

Chuya's Perspective

"Maybe?"

I take that as a no.

He steps closer, "What's wrong with me coming to visit my lovely boyfriend while he's at work? Hmm."

I step back, "I said not here you piece of shit! What's gotten into you? Huh?"

He doesn't answer, "Answer me before I have security escort you out!" I say raising my voice in hopes of reminding him I'm still at work.

He doesn't seem to take the hint. "You wouldn't do that."

"You think?" I say I can already hear people coming to investigate the noise.

He steps closer, he's trying to kiss me, and oh how I want it, how very much I want his warm lips on mine . . . but I have a part to play.

"Get off me you tacky bastard! Before I rip your throat out!"

"I just want to give you a little kiss."

"I'm not your boyfriend, you pathetic social misfit waste of bandages."

He looks confused, like a lost puppy. A few of the mafia's soldiers round the corner.

"Is everything alright here boss?"

"No. Shitty Dazai has gotten himself intoxicated and is harassing me. Please escort him to a gutter somewhere his do-gooder colleagues won't  find him."

I watch as they drag him off hopefully he won't be to mad. But he doesn't look mad, I can see tears blooming in his eyes dripping down his cheeks.