Chapter 8

It's been a two years since I've joined the Straw Hat crew, many things have happened in that span of time. The crew had grown larger with three more members. Robin, an archeologist. Franky a cyborg. And Brook, the ships' musician.

And I've have a lot more control of my powers than ever before. I even learned a few new techniques.

The first one I called: Tangle.

It was my first attack I've ever learned. The attach that allowed me to wrap vines and roots around enemies. Spike triggers thorns to grow from the vines.

The second attack I called: Poison Flower. This attack allowed me to grow large flowers that would surround enemies, once they bloom, a gas would come from the plant, which would knock out enemies.

The third I called: Uproot. This attack was quite difficult to control, let alone activate. Trees and their roots were the hardest to control, I could only really use this attack if I were in a fit of rage, or if I concentrated all of my energy into this one attack.

That was everything I've taught myself for now, as I was still learning to control my powers, it would be difficult and somewhat overwhelming to learn more before I've ready. But now, I've gained full control over my abilities. And I couldn't be happier.

"Y/n!" Called the ship's navigator. "Stop writing in that book and come out here!" Y/n put down the pen she was holding and walked outside of the girl's bedroom. Outside, everyone was gathered at the main deck, all looking ahead at something. Y/n walked closer to Nami. "What's going on?" She asks. "Luffy found an island, we don't need to stop for any reason, other than he just wants to go there." Nami answers. "But, just look at it!" Nami shivers.

Y/n walked closer to the rail of the ship and looked over, the island ahead was not a pleasant sight. The island gave off an eerie vibe, fog surrounded the island, making it difficult to see. Y/n grimaced, of all islands, why this one? It was so...creepy.

"Land!" Luffy called, jumping down onto the deck from the Sunny's head. "We know, Luffy." Nami grumbled. "I really don't like the look of this island, what if it's dangerous?"

"I hope it is!" Luffy laughed. "Well I don't! We could die!" Nami yells. "Calm down, we've been through much worse than some creepy looking island." Zoro told her. "Yeah, you worry too much Nami!" Luffy chuckles. "Let's hurry and land already!"

The Sunny grew closer to the island, and the feeling in Y/n's gut grew worse as they docked. There was a plan made, some of the crew would go and some of them would stay back with the ship. And that evening, the crew would regroup and leave to get back on course. An overly simple plan, but a plan none the less. The ones staying back at the ship would be Chopper, Nami, Brook and Usopp. While Zoro, Sanji, Robbin, Franky, Luffy and Y/n all went out into the island.

"You three better keep an eye on Nami while we're gone." Sanji scolded the three men on the ship. "Not to worry, Nami-san is in good hands. I'll keep a close eye on her...or I would, if I had any eyes! Yohohoho!" The tall skeleton laughed.

Chopper shook his head. "We'll stay put until you guys get back." He told Sanji. "You got that right, no way am I stepping foot near that place. Uh, not that I need to! Because the brave Usopp will protect the ship from any evil doers!" Usopp lied, ignoring the shake in his legs.

"Should we split up to cover more ground?" Asked Robin. "That way we can really see if there is anything to this island at all."

"Good plan Robin!" Luffy nods. "I'll take Y/n with me." Y/n looked at him. "Oh, uh, ok." She nods. "I'll go with Franky." Said Robin. "Which leaves..."