Chapter 16

Most of the crew were already heading back to the ship, meanwhile Luffy had gone off on his own. He promised ahead of time that he wouldn't get lost and would meet up with everyone later. The crew doubted this and once back to the ship would send someone to go get him. Probably not Zoro though...But as they arrived, they felt that something was off. Chopper quickly headed to the infirmary and to his shock, Y/n was gone. "Everyone!" Chopper yelled as he ran back outside. "Y/n! She's gone!"

"Gone!? What do you mean gone!?" Nami asked. "She was suppose to be sleeping still, wasn't she?" Asked Robin. "You don't think she woke up and went looking for us do you?" Usopp questioned. "If she did then that's bad! I need to check her wound again!" Said Chopper as he raced to the deck. "Then we she go look for her. She could get hurt." Said Sanji.

"Alright everyone, listen up." Nami grabbed everyone's attention. "Half of us will go look for Y/n, while the other half stay here in case she comes back. Franky, Brook, Usopp, and Zoro. You three stay here. Meanwhile, Me, Chopper, Sanji, and Robin will go look for her."

"Hell yes, just wait for me Y/n my sweet!" Sanji was already racing off. Nami rolled her eyes and motioned for the rest to follow.

Meanwhile Y/n was in the middle of town, she looked everywhere for any sign of the crew. But still nothing. "Don't tell me I already missed them." She turned back and raced off, still ignoring the pain in her chest. "Surely they would notice I'm gone and wouldn't take off without me." She hoped. But she sped up just in case. Without noticing, she bumped into someone as she was running along. She fell back on her rear with a yelp.

"Hey! Watch where you're...Y/n?"

Y/n's eyes widened as she looked up. Standing above her, was Luffy. He was ok, he wasn't harmed. "Luffy..."

"Y/n. You're...you're awake." Luffy felt his hands shaking. It was like he was seeing a ghost, only this time it wasn't a fun feeling. It was like the world was toying with him, like if he were to blink, Y/n would disappear. Like this was all fake, and she was still sleeping in that bed. He fell to his knees and reached out to cup her face with his hands. Tears started to gather in his eyes as he realized this wasn't fake. This was real. Y/n was right here, and he would never let her go again.

"Y/n!" He grabbed her and held her close to him. He was afraid to let go, he felt if he did, she was leave his arms, never to return. "Y/n!" He sobbed. "I'm so glad you're alright!" Y/n was crying as well. "I should be the one saying that!" She cried as she melted into his embrace, wrapping her arms around him. The two cried in each others arms for a while before slowly pulling apart to look at one another.

"Please don't say I'm dreaming, please let this be real." Luffy sniffled. Y/n smiled as she wiped a few of his tears away. "It is real, I promise." Luffy grinned before hugging her once more. Luffy felt something being placed on his head, he pulled away and looked up. Y/n had put his hat on his head. "I thought you might miss this." She said with a small laugh. Luffy grabbed the brim of his hat with his finger and thumb, he did miss it. But...

"Not as much as I missed you."

Y/n blinked. "You missed me? But I was only sleeping." Luffy nodded. "For a week."

"A week!?" Well, she guess it made sense, she was stabbed in the chest after all. She placed her hand on her chest again, still hurts. But the pained didn't bother her. "Why Y/n?" Luffy asked. "Why would you do something like that?" Y/n's hand clenched, was he really asking that? "Because...I couldn't let you die for me."

"But you would die for me?" Luffy asked. Y/n nods her head. "Don't." Y/n was about to object but Luffy continued talking. "I can't have you or anyone else to die for me. Not again..." Luffy muttered, he was thinking of his departed older brother, Ace. Y/n knew exactly what he was talking about when he said that. "But Luffy-"