Chapter 10

Y/n awoke in an unfamiliar place, by the way she was being gently rocked back and forth, she could tell she was on a ship. But this ship was not the one she grew so close to, or made so many memories with. This was an enemy ship, and right now, she was being kept in the brig. As her mind began to clear, it was suddenly fogged over with dizziness once again. "What..." Y/n winced as she glanced down at her wrists, sea prism stone shackles. That would explain it. She leaned back against the wall behind her and shut her eyes, trying to rid the dizziness.

"Stay calm. You'll get through this if you just stay calm." Y/n told herself. "Focus on how you're gonna get out of here first, then, figure out where the others are."

"Oh you won't be doing anything of the sort."

Y/n's eyes shot open, she sat up right and looked out from the bars. She scowled upon seeing who it was talking. "Woodward. Let me go!" Y/n demanded. "Now why would I do that?" Woodward approached the bars of her cell. "I can't let go of something so important to me." Y/n glared at him. "Still need me to get you through that door? I already told you, I can't do it."

"You'd do well not to lie to me. I killed your captain, don't think I won't kill the whole lot of that crew as well." Y/n's heart nearly stopped beating. Killed her captain? What was he saying? "You...killed Luffy?" Y/n muttered. "You can't...Luffy isn't dead."

"Everyone dies sweetheart. Even your captain. It's a shame, I was hoping we'd get to throw a few rounds. See just what makes him so tough, but he goes down from a single bullet." Woodward sighs. "No, you're wrong." Y/n heard the chains of her shackles rattle slightly as he hands shook. "Luffy can't die from bullets!"

"He can when they're made of the same thing those shackles of yours are made of." Woodward smirked.

Y/n's world came to a screeching stop. Luffy...was he really dead? Did Woodward really kill him? No, not after everything they've been through. He couldn't be dead.

"He can't be..." Y/n trailed off. Tears welled up in her eyes. What was those two painful years apart for? What was that training for? All for her captain to die at the hands of this monster. She just couldn't believe it. She wouldn't believe it.

"There there. You still have the rest of your crew. I haven't touched a hair on their little heads. Not yet, at least." Woodward's gentle tone turned into a more aggressive one. "Now you're going to get me into that temple, or else I'll string them all up by their necks, one by one!" He slammed his fist against a near by wall. Y/n flinched.

"...Ok." She said barely above a whisper. "Just don't hurt them, please."

Woodward's harden expression turned into a smirk. "You have my word. Now hop to!"

• • •

Meanwhile the Straw Hats were coming up with a plan to rescue Y/n. So far everything was planned out, there was only one problem. Luffy was in no condition to fight. No matter how much he argued, Chopper refused to let him go along with them.

"I'm not going to just stay here and do nothing while Y/n is out there! Who knows what that jerk is doing to her!" Luffy yelled. "I understand your frustration Luffy, but you just can't! That wound is still fresh, if you move the wrong way, you'll bleed out and die!" Chopper counters. "I don't care!" Luffy says stubbornly. "I refuse to stay here and do nothing! I'm going to save Y/n, even f it does kill me!"

"That's exactly what will happen, I'm telling you!" Chopper was getting more than a little frustrated now. "I'm sorry, but you're not coming with us Luffy and that's final!" There was a heavy silence on the deck of the Sunny.

"Oi Luffy." Zoro finally spoke up. "We all know how much you care about Y/n, you want her safe, we all do. But you'd just be useless." It was harsh, but Luffy needed to hear this. "You'd bleed out with the first punch."

"Think of Y/n for a second will ya?" Sanji spoke next. "I am thinking of her!" Luffy argues. "No, you're not." Sanji took a drag from his cigarette. "What use to would you be to Y/n if you're dead? Think of how that would make her feel."

Next was Robin. "Y/n cares about you too, she'd be doing the same thing if your places were swapped."

"But she'd understand the situation." Said Nami.

Luffy couldn't doubt any of them, he knew the situation perfectly well. He just didn't want to accept it. He felt so useless! Luffy furrowed his brow and crossed his arms. "No way."

"Luffy!" Chopper started. "There's no way I'm going to stay here. And there's no way I'm gonna die either." He placed a hand over his abdomen. "I'll get her back, way before I bleed out! I'm going, and that's that! Captains orders!"

The crew was reluctant, they couldn't go against their captain now. Not like that mattered, they all knew Luffy would just do whatever he wanted regardless. They just hoped he knew what he was doing...

• • •

Woodward left his crew at the bottom of the temple stairs, kept on guard just encase Luffy and the rest of the crew decided to come back. Woodward had Y/n very close to his side, his eyes never leaving her. But she knew better than to run or fight back, because just one word for Woodward, and his crew would be on their way to attack her friends. Y/n had faith in them, but if even just one of them were to get hurt when she could have prevented it, she would never forgive herself.

"Go on then." Woodward muttered, cocking the gun. "Open up those vines." Y/n bit back her anger and walked ahead to the entrance. The vines that covered the door slithered and coiled around themselves like a snake. The vines grew sharp thorns as Y/n approached, as a defense, but she knew how to avoid that. Slowly, she raised her hand and took a deep breath. 'Do it for Luffy. Do it for your friends.' She thought. 'Then, I'll escape back to them...somehow.'

One of the smaller, weaker vines bent to her manipulation, she pulled it up and broke it free from the rest of the vines before tossing it to the ground. Before she continued to do her work, she paused, her eyes trailing down at the discarded vine. Her hand began shaking slightly, it was risky, what she was planning. But it was a risk she was willing to take. Whatever was behind this door was hidden for a reason, and she'd be damned if she aided this monster in using it for malicious reasons.

So without a second thought, she quickly grabbed the vine and threw it like a rope, it growing in length. Woodward didn't get the chance to dodge before the vine wrapped around him, constricting his arms close to his body, and causing him to drop his gun. Y/n kicked the gun away, her grip on the vine tightened. 'Knock him out!' She thought before speaking.

"Poison Flower!"

A large pink and white bud grew from the vine, when it bloomed, a puff of mist flew directly into Woodward's face. It didn't take more than a few seconds before he was completely unconscious.

When Y/n was sure, she let his body fall to the ground. And then, she made her move...