Chapter 6

"Y/n, answer me honestly." Haku started. The two of them were on their way to the waterfall. Supposedly, Chopper was tending to the injured. That didn't sit right with Haku. "Can we really trust those pirates? You know how they are. For all we know, we could be heading into a trap." Y/n thought about it, that didn't sit right with her. Surely not, Luffy wouldn't have gone out of his way to protect her like that back there. He didn't have to help save the village either. But he did. "Papa. Maybe all pirates aren't the same." Said Y/n. "Luffy gave me his word, that he'd come save our village. But, he made make a promise first."

"A promise?" Haku looked down at her, confused. "Yeah, he said, as long as I keep this safe." She puts a hand on the straw hat on her head. "He'd keep the village and everyone in it safe. And so far, he's kept his promise." Haku sighed. "Can I really believe that to be true? There are no good pirates. They're all the same." Y/n nodded her head. "I thought that too. But, Luffy and his crew are like nothing I've ever seen. His crew, they're loyal. They believe in and trust their captain. They're kind as well, all of them. Even the smartass with the green hair, Zoro, I believe his name was." She continued.

"And Luffy, he's odd for sure. But, deep down, I think...I believe, he has a good heart. Why else would he have saved us back there?"

Haku just looked ahead as they walked. Could he really believe there were goodness in pirates, if not all, if not a few, then just one group?

The view of the waterfall got closer as they walked, up ahead they saw a little reindeer patching up a villager. "Hey!" Y/n tried to get his attention. Chopper looked over at the two. "My father, he's hurt bad!" Chopper nodded and finished up what he was doing before rushing over to Haku and Y/n. "How bad is it?" He asked, calmly.

"That captain, Crowley, his men beat him up bad. Then Crowley broke his hand." Y/n explained. Chopper reached up and took hold of Haku's unharmed hand and lead him over to the rest of the villagers so he could help him. They were relieved to see him, but as soon as they saw Y/n. Things took a turn.

"What is she doing here?"

"Elder banished you!"

"You're a danger to us all, get out of here!"

Chopper looked around at the villagers, he tried his best to calm them down but it wasn't working. Y/n looked down at the ground, letting the insults roll off of her one after the other. It hurt, but she understood. So she really couldn't be mad.

"I know." Y/n began. "I know I'm nothing but a danger to you all. I understand that. But please, please don't send me away. Our village is still under attack, all I want to do is help."

"How can you help us!?"

"Your curse will do us all no good!"

Now Haku was mad, he began to say something back, but was cut off by another voice.

"Enough!"

The villagers, Chopper, Haku and Y/n all looked over to the sudden voice.

"Elder..." Haku muttered. The Elder stood from a log he was sitting on and began to walk to Y/n. "Please sir, you're still injured, sit back down!" Chopper insisted. "Excuse me mr raccoon, but this is between me and her." He walked past him.

"R-Racoon!?"

The Elder stood in front of Y/n, she didn't waver under his stare. "You say you want to help us, do you?" Y/n nodded at his words. "Yes, I'll do anything to help. I love this village and everyone in it." The Elder hummed. "I should say so." He turned to face the rest of the villagers. "Listen up! This young lady is not to be treated as a monster! This young lady has proven herself. While I was near death, she came rushing to help. And she did it, with her cursed powers."