Chapter 4: Dreaming

•Tohru's POV

Everyone in school is excited as they heard about the 29th Annual Kaibara High School Cultural Festival coming up next month and things are suddenly getting busy at school. Sohma-kun, as usual, in charge of most of the work. Hmm, wonder when will he take a break? I did asked him about it once though...

"I will only rest peacefully without that idiotic feline out of trouble..."

Oh good lord, Sohma-kun is too thoughtful and mean about Kyo-kun's well-being at the same time! What am I gonna do with those two now? Even Shigure-San is having a little trouble taming them. If only I could understand the ones I'm living with, the better.

"It's official then. Our votings went to our class having a rice ball stand. Next, I'd like to hear opinions on what fillings we should use..." Sohma-kun asked before I raise my hand. "Yes, Miss Honda?"

"How about tricolor rice balls? It would be fun to have three fillings in one rice ball! And a good deal!" I suggested. He seems to almost agree if it wasn't for one of Motoko-san's friends.

"Eh? We should drop that idea, Yuki-kun!"

"Yeah! What if she suggests a tuna, kelp and pickled-plum combo?!"

"Ugh, gross!"

They complained that got me a little embarrassed if it wasn't to Uo-chan stomping a post in their desk. "The 'gross' thing here is your personalities, you moron..." I gave a nervous smile and try to hold her back from harming our classmates.

"Eek! Don't bring pipes to school out of nowhere!"

Suddenly, the door went open. "OH! Mi- I m-mean, Himiko-san! Glad you could make it!"

"You're late for 46 minutes... So we started without you..." Yuki scolded while leaning on the board and crossed his arms.

"G-Gomen. I d-don't actually know when the assembly starts. S-Someone messed up my schedule and my friends needed my h-help... Not to mention a few crows told me, on my way here, that a-a sudden storm would come later on, so I-I don't have time to p-prepared and—" she didn't manage to finish her sentence before most of the girls started laughing at her.

"Woah! You talk to crows!? Cawr! Cawr! Did you know what I meant?!" One boy teased before Himiko-san give an uncomfortable smile. "T-Thank you. You look wonderful yourself, but please say that to your l-lover, not me..."

"HAH?! HOW DARE YOU?!"

"That's enough. ALL of you..." A sudden bang from the board got everyone silent before Sohma-kun looked at my late friend. "Miss Himiko, I advised you to write your schedule in your notebook next time. Since we're mostly on the same class, I'll lend you mine for now. As for this class meeting, we're are selling rice balls..." he explained the summary of the meeting as I pull her next to my seat and tried my to ignore the daggers that the female students are giving her at every advantage she could get.

"Really?! That's Wonderful! What's the suggestions?"

"That's the problem"

"O-Oh..."

"How about a battle for rice balls?" Kyo-kun suggested before everyone turned to his direction. "Eh? Battle?" I mumbled. "One-to-one matches, first to score an Ippon wins! The only rule is 'no killing'. Weapons are allowed. People fight for their rice balls, even when they bleed or lose an arm!" He exclaimed.

"IDEA REJECTED"

"What's with all you're attitude?! I'm cooperating and giving my ideas!" He defended. "I love your idea and energy, really, but most of us don't know how to fight or even dare, beating you after jumping from a 3 floor building, Kyo-kun" Himiko reminded.