Chapter 6: Hugs Are The Most Powerful Comfort

•Mio's POV•

The sun strikes straight through my skin as I pant and only finish a small part of my garden. I've been doing this since I arrived from school. Too much that I had to tell him that I won't be walking with him for a while until I save this garden.

"Alright, guys! Time for break snacks!" I announced before they all gathered as I lay the food Yuki shared for us

"Alright, guys! Time for break snacks!" I announced before they all gathered as I lay the food Yuki shared for us. Well, actually it was for me, he said, but what's the harm of sharing? I gave each and everyone their favorites until a shadow block the sun for me. I look up before smiling in excitement.

"Victor! And you had bring your family with you too!"

He made a ferocious roar that got my hair flying backwards and also creeped out the others, but I stayed still my spot and just laugh at it before rubbing his stomach, making the bear tensed and dropped to the floor, asking for more.

"I know you're a little harsh on the others, but it's just to protect your growing family, hm?" I guessed and he seems to agree with me before handing his family some watermelon. I made a little whistle before sprinkle the corn in mid air like flower petals before they all dive down from different locations to catch it. Though, a few newborn crows failed to fill themselves, I whistle to catch their attention and put their food in the table.

"Now now, I'm not leaving you guys, starving. Here"

"ᶜᵃʷʳ! ᶜᵃʷʳ!" One made a little noise before I giggle. "Don't worry, I'm alright! I'm already full too. But I know that it's bad if it became a habit, so I'll be sure to take care of myself well..." I mumbled.

While resting, I saw one of the birds approaching while carrying a metal from his beak before dropping it it on the floor, in front of me.

"What's this? Is it for me?" I asked.

"Krooo~ Krooo~"

"It's called a antenna? Wait... I learned that it was used for signals. Was it to use the broken radio? It seems like you have stolen it from someone else's roof..." he seems to be startled when I immediately read him.

"Krooo?"

"How many time do I have to tell—It's not nice to steal something that somebody owns..."

"Krooo?! Kroo! Kroo! Krooooo!"

"Oh, so you didn't steal it and found it in the junk, thinking that it's useful for our radio then?"

"K-Krooo!"

"Eh? I apologize for that, Gin. I thought that you still didn't remove that habit..." I sheepishly apologize that offended him and look away, making a pigeon noise as a scoff. "Ok ok. Here's your favorite to make it all feel better. Good job today..." I reminded before he instantly dived his head in a bowl of popcorn.

I got a little surprise at first, but then laugh after before proceeding with replacing the rest of the broken plants. After a few minutes, I finish another yard while wiping my sweat before spotting two business man in a grey and dirty green suit. They're here... And I'm not even on half...