Chapter 10: Instincts

After the New Year, things took quite a bit turn on Himiko's perspectives. She can't keep her parents from installing their money, so she looked for a better job at the city, but still stayed on the free hug mascot. However, god was not on her side because of the lack of knowledge she has about technology.

She manage to buy the bike she wanted, but she never learned how to use it before. She never thought that balancing is one of the ideas of riding the vehicle. Her dad, Gio, had to teach her, but she needs to visit the mansion to practice in their garden field. They manage to compromise the idea by practicing on the park instead. Bruises started to form, so Gio bought her some safety gears to use as a beginner.

She practiced day and night for three days, and she finally got it before celebrating with her dad on the street food stand as a treat. That failed due to her dad's sensitive systems, so they ate back in the meadow.

One day, she was in a store buying groceries while feeling a little frantic at her basic knowledge in math, but a lot of customers are getting impatient at her slow counting for the payment. Just then, Tohru came to her rescue and paid for her before leading her out of the crowd.

"Thank you, Tohru... I'm still trying my best to learn how to count fast..."

"That's alright! I can lend you a hand on math if you want. That's the only subject I'm good at"

"Of course! I'm always open for free tutorials" Suddenly, a little shuffle from my pocket was felt before bringing out Yu, who caught the sniffles. Himiko took Yu to the vet as Tohru told her to the other day, and the doctor told her about this natural prescribed medicine she advised since the girl refused the chemical ones.

"Hey Tohru, you think you still got the warm air freshener? I'm gonna need it to clear Yu-kun's nasals later..." She asked before her friend hummed they we left the grocery store, seeing two familiar silver and orange hair, arguing while some people watch them.

"Bring it on, girly-boy! Step outside and let's do this!" Kyo's screaming echoed outside the market place while Yuki sassed for a comeback as the usual before spotting Himiko next to Tohru, staring at him.

"A-Ano..."

"Thank you for shopping, Miss Honda. Let me carry those for you..."

"I-I'm sorry, I bought a bit too much, so it might be heavy..."

"That's alright. Nice meeting you along the way, Miss Himiko. How's your job hunting?" He greeted while being a gentleman and insisted on carrying the bags for the two.

"Not going well, followed by Yu-kun not feeling well. It took him hours to admit it to me this morning. Now you know what will happen if you didn't tell me..."

'qᵤₑₐ qᵤₑₐ'

"Now now, maybe he is just scared to bother you for being not being immune to sicknesses..." Tohru defended as the silver prince glance at the small baby giving weak whimper squeaks as an apology as they walk back home. Knowing Himiko's love for animals, she can't help but forgive the baby rat in a minute.

"Next time, tell me, okay? Getting sick doesn't mean you're weak. I promise your big brothers that I'll take care of you..."

"It's a rat. It's not like it would kill-"

Himiko glared at him before he finish his sentence and immediately silenced him. "It would because he is in need of good care. Yu's just a baby, it could get worse..." she grumbled a warning directly to the cat boy.

Yuki soften his gaze towards the girl and slip a small smile at the thought of her love for the baby animals. Just as she love her flowers, she never hated Kyo. Not even her parents.