I. The Addams Family

Wednesday February 1st 2022

Raven Addams does not get involved...in anything. She's been described in many ways by her peers at Nevermore.

Deadpan...sarcastic...pretty...weird...
pretty weird. But the single word that would never cross someone's mind was involved. Though contrary to her cousin Wednesday Addams, who genuinely did not care about what was going on around her, Raven was making an active effort to keep it that way. She never participated to the Po Cup, she never participated to a Rave'n, she demanded a dorm room to herself, and she also never had a boyfriend...like ever. The only things that made her even vaguely resemble a normal human were reading and her occasional conversations with Eugene Otinger, also known as the only person she considered a friend and was somehow friendly to.

That morning, Raven woke up in a particularly good mood, today was the day her cousin Wednesday would be joining her at Nevermore. Apparently she was kicked out by her other Normie high school for attempted murder. Needless to say that Raven was highly disappointed at the news. 'Poor Wednesday' she though 'she must be devastated by not finishing the job...such a shame'
It wasn't long after she completely changed into her purple uniform that Principal Weems escorted her out in the patio to greet her family members. She stood with her typical deadpan face... a staple for the Addams family.

She recognized the black shiny car that was approaching them, and she immediately straightened her posture, just like she was taught. "Oh Raven!" Exclaimed Morticia as Lurch opened the door, helping her step out "My malicious ray of despair" she walked over to Raven and placed the most gentle kiss on her forehead. "How are you my little human taser?" Asked Gomez "made anyone scream in agony today?" Her lips turned upwards in a malicious grin "sadly no...but it's only 10:30" Gomez smiled at her proudly.

Before she knew it, she felt someone crash on her and wrapping his arms around her. "Raven I missed you!" Screamed Pugsley as he desperately tried to hold back tears. "Aw Pugsly..." she cooed "I also miss torturing you" she said as she patted his head firmly, he looked up and smiled at her. And then came her favorite... Wednesday. They stood in front one another without saying a word, no expression on either of their faces.

"I heard you failed to make any friends other than a pathetic bee keeper" Wednesday broke the silence "And I heard your book has rejected to be published for three times in a row now" silence fell amongst them again as the corners of their lips both twitched up. Raven held open arms and Wednesday did the same. Raven was the only person Wednesday could even simply think about hugging.

Raven stood out side as the rest of the Addams family was currently in principle Weems office.

"Wednesday is certainly a unique name. I'm guessing it was the day you were born?" Asked the headmistress.

"I was born on Friday the 13th." Wednesday responded flatly.

"Her name comes from a line from my favorite nursery rhyme, Wednesday's child is full of woe." Said Morticia

"You always had a unique perspective on the world, Morticia. Hmm. Did your mother tell you we were roommates back in the day?" She asked, trying to connect with the young girl in front of her.

"And you graduated with your sanity intact?" Wednesday asked sarcastically "Impressive"

" You've certainly had a very interesting educational journey. Eight schools in five years."

" They haven't built one strong enough to hold me. I bet this place won't be any different"

"What our daughter is trying to say is that she greatly appreciates the opportunity" Gomez interjected as soon as he sensed Wednesday rudeness.

"Nevermore doesn't usually accept students mid-term, but given Wednesday's perfect grades and your family's long history with the school, including your lovely niece, Raven. I've spoken with the board and we've made an exception" The headmistress red lips curled upwards as Wednesday curled down in a frown.

"So?" Raven asked nonchalantly as she saw Wednesday exit the headmistress's office.
"I'm in" Wednesday replied "Ophelia Hall"
"That is the same hall I am in. Although I doubt we will be in the same room...and there is only one other person who doesn't have a roommate" Said Raven with an almost angry scowl on her face. Wednesday looked at her with somewhat concern
"Who?"

"I'm Enid!" The blond girl squealed. "And you must be Wednesday!" Enid tried to approach Wednesday with a hug to which she retreated. "No hugs...got it" said Enid catching the hint. It was then that Enid noticed someone she was not expecting in her room. "What are you doing here!" She asked with a scowl evident on her features. "Really? You didn't catch it by the name Addams?" Raven asked sarcastically with a nauseated look that she was sending directly towards Enid. Her face fell for a moment although quickly gaining back it's composure. "Ohh" she said with a forced chuckle towards Wednesday "You are those Addams" she tried to force out a smile. Although Wednesday was way too preoccupied with the fact that she would need to live in a unicorn vomit room.

"Please excuse Wednesday" Morticia said, trying to excuse her daughter's cold behavior "She's allergic to color."

"Oh, wow. What happens to you?" She asked a genuine curiosity laced her voice

"I break out into hives and then the flesh peels off my bones." Wednesday responded flatly. And to that Raven let out a slight chuckle. "You gonna put that on your blog Enid?" Raven asked sarcastically, to which Enid scowled.