XXV. Preparing for The Rave'N

Saturday February 9th, Day time

"We found it's lair" "Jesus Christ Wednesday! What are you doing in my room?" Raven asked startled as she sprung out of bed. "Eugene and I found the monster's cave" she said blankly, Raven looked even more confused "you and Eugene?" She asked concerned "yes, he is a great companion, no wonder you kept him around for so long" at this point Raven was now fully alert.

"you brought Eugene into the monster's lair?" She asked as she tried to tone down her anger. "You seem upset" Wednesday said. Raven's features softened "no, it's just....please don't get him mixed up with this stuff...he's the only friend I have" Wednesday looked at her blankly but nodded nevertheless, she was definitely hiding something.

"I'll let you go back to sleep...see you in the morning" and with that she left, leaving Raven tired and worried.

Raven had been worried about Wednesday's plan throughout the whole night and the whole morning. I mean it was Eugene she wanted to bring along in her suicidal mission... he wouldn't have the stomach to kill the monster not even if he handed him a knife himself...

"Eugene" she called nervously as they both hung out in the hive.
"Yes?" He asked as he stacked the different hives while she was collecting some honey. "You know you don't have to do everything Wednesday tells you to do....right?" She took him by surprise.

He stopped in his tracks to look at her "What do you mean?" He asked perplexed. "I mean...don't put your life in danger just because she asks you too...trust me, it will never stop once it begins"

Eugene looked at her with solemn eyes, not wanting to reveal that during the Rave'N he would be in fact going back to the cave with Wednesday. So he did the only thing he could think of doing....he lied. "Don't worry...I won't" she smiled at him, feeling reassured since she knew he would never lie to her...he wouldn't.

"Okay, then we better get ready for this stupid dance" she said dusting herself off "are you coming?" She asked. "Actually I don't think I'll go" he said avoiding her eye contact. "What?...why?" She asked him concerned. "It's just...You know...ummm...I need to take care of the bees" he said. "Well if you want I can cancel and we can stay here together like always" she said sincerely. "No no,... you promised Wednesday you would go with Xavier to get some information out of him, you need to go" he tried to convince "are you sure?" She asked "because you would be saving me from a horrible night" they both slightly chuckled.

"I'm sure, now go and put that dress on and please please please, for the love of god! Have some fun!" He said. She nodded forcefully and made her way back to her dorm.

She took out the dress from her closet and laid it on her bed...it was indeed a very nice dress, but to be honest there wasn't anything special about it.

She slipped out of her skirt and her blouse and looked at herself in the mirror. She usually wasn't insecure...as long as she kept her clothes on. She stared at the lightning strike scar that lightly tainted her pale body and traced it with her finger.

Although it was pretty faded, it was still visible and it drove her crazy. She stayed in her black bra and underwear for a few moments longer. Usually she would have concluded the self loathing by now but today felt different.

This dress was going to expose her thighs so the scar would be automatically visible. It's not like she was ashamed or embarrassed to have it since it was quiete common for electrokinetics to be born with a lightning scar somewhere on their body.

Raven's scar began from the back of her left shoulder, crossing her back all the way to the front of her right thigh. She decided not to dwell on it longer, seeing as it would be useless, and she slipped the black dress over her body.

She took one more look at her pale figure and tired under eye bags that slightly showed through her concealer. She loved her cousin and they were super close, but she was also tired of being a pawn in the infamous Wednesday Addams board.

Out of nowhere her door flung open and Enid came into view. "Oh my goodness you are wearing a dress!" She squealed excitedly. Raven looked at her friend blankly and crossed her arms, trying to hide the sheer parts of the dress out of embarrassment.
"I have worn a dress before" she said "I mean a pretty one!" She argued and looked at her friend's exposed thigh "Oooh the electrokinetic scar! I haven't seen one of this in a while" Raven smiled slightly and faced the mirror once more.

"You also look very nice" she complimented as she searched for what shoes to wear. "Aren't I?! What do you think about my hair?!" She asked squealing. Raven looked at Enid's light pink hair "it's pink" she said flatly.

"I know! It will definitely make Ajax jealous" Raven looked at her and lightly chuckled "I must say Enid, the though that Lucas is going to be at the Rave'N bothers me less than I expected" Enid joined her in front of the mirror to fix her own hair "I'm glad!....do you need to keep your hair in a low bun?" She asked.
Raven stopped messing with her hair and looked at her "but I always wear it like this" she said. Enid scrunched her nose "yeaaah...that's kind of the point" she placed herself behind her.

"can I try something?" Raven looked at her blankly and with wide eyes
"...no" Enid ignored her and proceeded to unpin Raven's bun and take out the elastic from her hair, letting it down on her shoulder. She teased the edges to frame her face and let her dark hair cascade on her friend's back.

Raven looked at herself in the mirror...she looked beautiful and natural. "I look...nice" she said sincerely "of course you look nice! You're a beautiful girl!" Enid said happily. Raven kept looking at herself in the mirror without saying a word.

"Oh you should totally wear these shoes!" She turned around and saw Enid holding her black worn out converse. "That is actually not a bad idea" she grabbed the shoes and slipped them on.

Enid walked around the simple dorm room "You know, I was really surprised to know that you were so okay with Wednesday and Tyler going to the Rave'N together" Raven froze as she finished lacing up her shoes "what?" Her voice came out quieter than she meant to. Enid's face fell and  her eyes became confused "y-yeah...Wednesday asked him a couple hours ago and I guess he said yes...I thought you knew"

Raven had no idea what to say. She felt like someone had just gutted her stomach open and twisted her insides. "We should go, it's about to start" the two of them marched down the stairs and towards a dreadful night.