XXXV. Happy Birthday

Friday, March 13th

Friday, March 13th

It's been a couple of weeks since the discussion with Principal Weems. Both Raven and Wednesday agreed to let her cool off for a while and then possibly question her later.

So now here they stood, Wednesday on the floor desperately trying to contact her great great great great great great aunt, Enid secretly wrapping something on her bed, and Raven listening to a podcast called Serial Killers And Where To Find Them on Wednesday's bed.

Enid stood up giddy and smiled. She walked towards Wednesday and interrupted her rituals "Sorry. I didn't mean to interrupt your... Uh, do I even want to know?"

Raven placed her chunky headphones on her neck "she was reaching into the black maw of death to contact a relative of ours. She's been doing it for weeks" she explained, Enid nodded "Feels very on-brand for you"

She took a few more steps towards her to read what was written on the piece of wood Wednesday carved out "You have a relative named Goody?" She asked "She was one of the original outcasts" said Wednesday "Been attempting to summon her, but she seems to be ignoring my entreaties"

"Oh, you thought about using one of my scented candles? The aroma of steak tartare is to die for" she squealed at the thought of raw meat, and Raven couldn't help but smile fondly at her friend.

"Saaaay" Enid began "didn't you say you wanted to go to that weird Crackstone Crypt? The one in town" Wednesday nodded "yeah" she said as she began to pack up her things into her black backpack "I was planning on going now actually...."

"We could come with!" Enid said a bit too quickly and a bit too loudly. This left Wednesday perplexed "You want to come to a crypt...you know that's where dead people are right?" Enid nodded, desperately trying to be nonchalant but failed miserably.

"Yeah. I mean if Raven can go, why not me?" Wednesday raised a brow to what she thought to be the most stupid question that could ever come out of Enid's mouth.

"Well first and foremost, Raven's and Addams, we thrive next to gravestones. Secondly she's listening to a podcast which is basically the tutorial on how to become a serial killer, and thirdly....I had to kill a spider for you because otherwise you wouldn't have gone to bed"

"That doesn't mean anything!" Enid argued. She turned to face the other Addams cousin "Tell her I can come" she asked and Raven gave a small chuckle while completely turning off her podcast and set her headphones to the side.

"I think she should come...I mean she grew a lot from the spider incident" "that was last night" Wednesday point out, but without another word Enid was dragging the two cousins out the door and towards the Crackstone crypt, all jumpy and exited.

They walked to the entrance of the crypt and Enid immediately inwardly gagged, praying that Wednesday wouldn't notice. The three of them slowly descended the flight of stairs, finding themselves in an incredibly dark room.

"Ew" Enid exclaimed without being able to refrain her disgust any longer  "What died?" She asked. Raven took a small sniff of the humid room "Smells like childhood" she said.

"Come on" Wednesday said as she continued to walk further into the crypt. "On second thoughts, why don't I just stay out here? You know, as a lookout....Raven?" Enid said while nudging Raven with her elbow "Ahh yes me too"

And with that they both disappeared into the dark room "Enid? Raven?" Wednesday called out confused.

She heard a noise coming from behind a statue "whoever you are, show yourself immediately" she demanded, the room remained dark and quiet "if you try anything you'll lose a limb...or two" she tried to threaten.

A small light came from behind the tall statue, following a chorus of "Surprise!"

♪ Happy birthday to you ♪
♪ Happy birthday, dear Wednesday ♪
♪ Happy birthday to you ♪

Wednesday looked suspiciously at all the people who came out with a banner saying Happy Birthday day and a cake. She searched the crowd for her cousin and saw her standing smugly.

"I should'very know you were behind it Addams...you told them my birthday" Raven gave a small grin and shrugged "Happy seventeenth Wednesday" she said while bringing the cake up to her.

Before anyone could say another word Wednesday fell to the ground. Panic filled the room. Raven rushed to her side and held her head on her lap as she tried to calm the spazms down.

Wednesday shot back up, all eyes on her. "It was Goody" she mumbled into Raven's ear "what did she say?" She asked.

"You're the Raven in my bloodline....the path of a Raven is a solitary one" Raven couldn't understand, Wednesday looked at her cousin right in the eyes.

"I think she was trying to reach you"