19) New kind

You and Carl finally made it to some place that wasn't wet, or had shit smelling walkers. Those kinds of walkers were new, never have you two seen them before.

You two decided to sit up in a tree and chat, of course Carl wanted to be a show off and hung upside down while you had your back on the trunk of the tree.

Carl messed around, throwing things trying to get a walker to come his way but the moment one did and tried to tear his face off her panicked and lifted himself up so quickly.

You started laughing but had to cover your face so the walker would wonder off. The walker soon lost interest from the tree you and Carl were on. Once the walker was gone you burst into laughter and Carl groaned.

"It's not funny, Y/n." "But it is!" You laughed and Carl jumped off the tree "Then im leaving" "Wait babe-" He shook his head and started walking off. You went to jump off to go after him but stopped when you saw the walker coming back.

"CARL GET IN A TREE!" Carl spunt around looking at you confused and then saw the walker coming for him and ran to the nearest tree and jumped on it.

The walker attempted to get to him but that was cut short when it got shot in the head by someone random. Both you and Carl were determined to be quiet but the person said they knew yall were there.

"Come on down, I'm not going to hurt you." Carl looked at you from the tree you were on and he shook his head. "Come down or I will, I know you two are up in trees." You went to slide down and Carl looked at you, almost warning you.

"Get the fuck down!" The person yelled. Carl slide off the his tree first but never signaled for you to. "Where's the girl?" "Wherever she is." "Tell her to get down. Or you'll be like the deadbeat on the floor."

Carl signaled for you to slide off and you did. The person, who was a guy. Had an eye patch, brownish untighty hair and dirty clothes. "Very pretty you are.." he spoke walking up to you.

You backed up until your back hit a tree and the guy proceeded to check you out, until Carl pulled out his gun and told the guy to leave you alone. "Or else what? You're just a child." Carl shot at the guy's foot and he yelped.

"A feisty child apparently..." You slipped away from the guy and hid behind Carl. "I told you to leave her alone." The guy pulled out his gun "I'm not scared kiddo."

Half of your hand rested on his belt while the other was pressed gently against his back. You felt the outline of a gun and you saw him nod as if he knew you knew it was there. You grabbed it out and pointed it at the guy as well.

"Two v One." You spoke. The guy laughed and whistled. Next thing you both knew was that people were coming from every angle, and way. You two soon were surrounded and outnumbered.

"Drop the weapons." The guy with an eyepatch spoke. You lowered your weapon while Carl was still adamant about keeping his weapon pointed at the guy.

You pulled his arms down, trying to get him to lower them but he just brought them back up. "Babe lower the gun- lets just listen to him, we're outnumbered-" Carl looked at you and saw the fear in your eyes and lowered his gun and kicked both his and yours towards the guy.

"Grab them both and lets go." The guy spoke while he bent over to pick up yours and Carl's guns. One of the people went to grab Carl's arm and he shrugged them off and grabbed your hand. You felt the warmth and comfort of his hand and slowly felt safe.

Even though there were unknown people around you both.

(684 words)