21) "No..He cant-"

You just stood there contemplating how to help, you didn't know how until you saw walkers crowd Carl and him fall. You started shooting at the walkers until Carl stabbed one and shoved the rest off of him and shot them.

Carl brought the guy back and you two helped him get settled in the sewer, you were worried about how much blood Carl had on him but didn't ask him about it.

Its been days since that incident but you heard the Saviors one day and Carl told them to kill him instead of his dad. You saw Negan turn away and then you and him hurried everyone into the sewer and yall stayed.

Rick made it into the sewer before you shut it and you sat beside Carl laying your head on his shoulder. Carl groaned and when rick asked him if he was okay he lifted his shirt.

The was a very prompt bite in his side, "Carl is this from..?-" he nodded "Nono. Carl no. You-" Carl smiled weakly at you "Im sorry.." You stood up and walked to where Daryl was and took judith, almost trying to run. "Y/n. You cant." Daryl spoke.

You looked and saw Michonne trying to keep Carl cool, the fever already getting him and your eyes brimmed with tears and Judith looked up at you and cooed. You smiled and looked down at her.

"Youre my best friend Michonne.." "youre mine too.." You slid down the side of the sewer as tears dripped down your face. They started moving Carl as you sat on the wet sewer floor crying and holding judith.

She now wore his hat since he gave it to her. 𝑯𝒆𝒔 𝒈𝒐𝒏𝒆 you repeatedly thought, 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒅, 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒄𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒅 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒊𝒔 𝒈𝒐𝒏𝒆.

𝐆𝐨𝐧𝐞. In pain and gone. Your lover, your best friend, your world, everything you fought for to make sure you lived was taken from you, too soon..

You got up and gave daryl judith and ran after michonne and rick "Wait I wanna say goodbye!" They slowed down and sat him on a tree trunk up against a tree.

You hugged him making sure not to hit his bite and kissed him, you didn't want to let go but daryl came out and called for you to come back. "I love you.." you whispered and kissed him one last time before you had to leave.

You sighed and left back to the sewer, Rick and Michonne continued whatever they were doing. You didn't really figure it out because you were tired from the day's events.

You thought the war was over but it wasn't. Clearly. Alexandria was blown to bits except for certain buildings. You fell asleep in the spot you had cried in and held Judith.

Judith had wanted you but you didn't know until you felt Daryl shaking you "Kid, wake up." You opened your eyes slightly and saw Judith holding her arms out for you.

You took Judith and she fell asleep in your arms "She wouldn't sleep and kept looking in your direction and holding her arms out." You hum a response and Daryl ruffled your hair.

"Sleep well kiddos." And left you and Judith alone to sleep. No one bothered you two since Daryl stood in front of yalls area, and glaring at everyone who tried to get close.

The only ones he let was Tara, Rosita, and of course Rick and Michonne. But they hadn't come back since they left with Carl.

You woke up and instantly jumped to your feet, waking Judith in the process. "Carl?!" Daryl spunt on his feet and looked at you with this look of regret.

"He really..?" He nodded and you about fell to your knees until Judith starting crying and you tried to comfort her but she wouldn't quiet down. "Shh Judith, its okay.."

Her hearing your voice almost instantly soothed her but she still cried "Hey baby, it'll be okay. We'll be okay.." you spoke to her.

She looked you in the eyes and saw the worry but saw the comfort you try to give her and she calmed down. She attempted to wrap her arms around you neck but you had been holding her like a newborn so she couldn't.

You let her sit up so she could and that's exactly what she did. She cooed in your ear and shortly fell asleep, tired from the day's events.