Another Love

The scream that erupted from Kazuichis throat could be heard around the world.
——

***
"Come on Babe! hurry!"
"I..I am coming dear!"

Kazuichi sprinted up the hill excitedly as his boyfriend trailed behind him, out of breath from going up the grassy area.
He passed by couples hugging and kissing, enjoying the scenery of the night sky and the powerful fireworks.
December 31st 11:50am.

Finally, he reached the very top of the hill. The air was thinner, but still sustainable enough for them to breathe pleasantly and spend a lot of time together. He watched as Kazuichi stared into the night sky with a proud grin on his face.
Gundham placed a picnic basket near a large oak tree and laid out a pink and purple checkered blanket for them. Once Kazuichi turned around ,he helped his boyfriend with laying out the food.

"A picnic on new years is such a perfect date! You're  the best Gundham!" Kazuichi gushed spinning around.
Gundham blushes heavily and sat down on the blanket. "only the best for my partner in crime.." He replied while smiling. Kazuichi took a seat next to Gundham and laid his head on the other boys lap. he carefully opened a bag of peach rings and began to feed Gundham, watching as the other began to smile in delight, enjoying the sweet taste.
Kazuichi popped a peach ring into his own mouth mouth, and chewed the sweet substance. He swallowed and began to admire his boyfriend. They stared into each others eyes.

Gundham truly was beautiful. His dark fluffy hair hanged over his face, his perfectly bleached strands of hair were so thin that Kazuichi could peer into his eyes. In highschool, his face was more youthful, but now he looked even more mature. His grey eyes became so deep and enchanting, and the dark circles under his eyes only made him more attractive.

Kazuichi was an angel. His faded neon pink hair blended well with his original jet black colour. His determined brown eyes and cute glasses made Gundhams heart flutter. Gundham adored how Kazuichis original wavy and curly hair began to show its way through his old damaged dry hair, it just made him all the more beautiful. Whenever he smiled, his now dull sharp teeth made the other boys heart flutter in a way nothing else could.

Slowly, Gundham made his way too Kazuichi, tilting his head slightly. The other boy closed his eyes and tilted his head the other way, leaning closer aswell.
3..
2..
1..

"Happy New Year!"

The kiss was passionate and full, the taste of peaches lingering in both their mouths. Gundham inserted his tounge and began to slide it accross Kazuichis. The mechanics hands slid up Gundhams cheeks and into his hair, grasping it firmly.

Could it ever get better than this?

It was a while before the other two pulled away. Gundham took one of Kazuichis hands, kissing his knuckles and kissing the ring he had given to him so long ago.
He lifted kazuichi up so that he was standing before getting on one knee. Reaching in his pocket and watching Kazuichis expression go from confusion to absolute excitement, he pulled out a purple fuzzy box, opening it to reveal a beautiful diamond ring. He then popped the question...
***
Ha, Kazuichi wished.

Kazuichi stared out the window, looking at his hand. The ring shined perfectly in the moon. Another dream, another dream about what they could've been. What they could've achieved. What they could've become.
What was the point now?
Nothing could ever go his way.
Something bad always happened.
"Yeah..I'm gonna escape the killing game..

my way."

——
It was unexpected, but no one was really surprised.
Fuyuhiko stared down at the three memorials. One for Gundham, one for Nekomaru, and one for Kazuichi.
Kazuichi had killed himself just a few days after Gundhams death. The trial for him was short and of course, no one was executed. Although Monokuma made harsh jokes about blowing up the mechanics body.
Fuyuhiko rubbed his temples. All of his close friends gone.. just like that. He couldn't have shit.

He glanced up at the taller boy next to him. Hajime had an arm wrapped around Fuyuhikos shoulders and normally Fuyuhiko hated touch, but he needed support more than ever.
After Kazuichis suicide, he had stayed in Hajimes dorm crying his eyes out. If Hajime died, he really wouldn't know what to do, He had no one else honestly.

The two boys began to leave, the portraits of the three boys becoming too much to look at. Once the coast was clear, Sonia stepped in. She clutched onto the purple sweater under her shoulder and the devas sat on her shoulder. She gave a sad look towards Kazuichi and Nekomarus grave before putting her attention on Gundhams.
Sonia missed him terribly, she knew he didn't reciprocate her love but feelings don't just go away so soon. Plus they were best friends, she wanted her best friend back.
She sighed and stared into the frame, feeling a cold hand on her shoulder. She didn't care if it was a murderer, she wouldn't care about dying anymore anyway.
"Sonia.."
The princess turned around to see Chiaki with a shy smile on her face. She waved timidly and offered a cute smile.

Maybe, Sonia did care about dying. If she survived, she'd be here with Chiaki. Her other best friend.
"I wish he survived..all of them."
"I do aswell..but i'm sure, they would want us to live."
Sonia nodded and began to walk away with Chiaki, both had a warm feeling in their chest and a smile on their face. If Chiaki was there, Sonia was sure she could continue in the game with a happy nature. Chiaki couldn't kill, she wouldn't die. Right?
Choosing to believe her thoughts, Sonia held onto her friends hands.

——
"Did your hair always start to grow white Hajime?"
That question rang through his head. He didn't know what Akane was talking about first, but one look in the mirror sent him into shock.
Sure enough, there were white hairs beginning to spread on Hajimes head. was it stress? was he growing old?

He looked over at the threatening video Nagito had sent, the others had already saw him dead, and began to investigate.

He chose to ignore it. he had found out the secret of this entire island, he knew what the others didn't. And it was all because of him. Because of her. Izuru..Junko.

He knows exactly what to do.

1096 words