Chapter 7: Especially on Christmas

(Friday; December 24th; Amy's House)

Amy's 2nd Annual Christmas Eve Party. Yes. She had made it her tradition to have a party every Christmas Eve with her close friends. This year, she was going to make it similar to how she had it last year. Food, drinks, karaoke, gift exchanges, and a special platter of Sonic's favorite chili dogs just for him. It was true. She was bringing out her karaoke machine again just like she did last year. Not everyone sung a song. But she was hoping this year that would all change. And she was hoping Sonic would sing too.

Last year, the party didn't exactly go as Amy had planned it would go. She found the song machine dusty in her closet and brought it out for the hell of it. But then when he heard that Sonic was going to sing, and that he wrote a song of his own, she thought it was going to be a song for her in which he confessed his love. That wasn't what happened at all. The song he sung was actually about Knuckles and Rouge. Last year, Sonic filmed them kissing right by the Master Emerald and sung a song called, I Saw Knuckles Kissin' Rouge the Bat. The two got into an argument afterwards, but only hours after, the two ended up hooking up that night and spent their first Christmas together. So it was actually partly because of Sonic that the two got together. The other part was because of Shadow who had a pep talk with Knuckles after Rouge ran out of Amy's house crying.

But, thankfully, the two made up, and they've been dating and living together ever since. So this was going to be their anniversary as well.

But enough about Knuckles and Rouge. Back to the main couple here.

Amy had everything planned out. The party starts at 4:00 PM, and it goes on until the last person leaves. At 7:00, that's when the karaoke would start. But this wasn't just a party for Amy, this was also date number four for her and Sonic. Date number three happened two days ago when the two hedgehogs went to the mall to finish up their Christmas shopping. Amy helped Sonic find something for Tikal to replace the ridiculous bullet proof vest he got her in the first place. And Sonic helped Amy find something Shadow might appreciate.

Amy ended up getting Shadow a, "Clean Your Own Gun" kit. And Tikal already knew what candles were. But Shadow had to explain to her the concept of scented ones. And she actually quite enjoyed it. So he got her a large scented candle with four wicks in it and the scent was called, "Rain Forest". He thought she might appreciate the scent since she used to live near one back in her own time. He also got her a wire metal stand to put the candle on as an accessory to the house as well.

Now all that was left to do was get the house ready for said party. And it was already 1:30. Only two and a half hours before guests star showing up. At least officially. A lot of people tend to show up early for parties. Cream, Cheese, and Vanilla showed up early last year to help with decorations and what not. But the pink hedgehog just hoped there was going to be enough room for all her guests. The guest list this year was a bit bigger than the previous. Here's this year's.

The Guest List:

Sonic 3

Tails

Cream (and Cheese)

Vanilla

Knuckles

Rouge

Vector

Espio

Charmy

Shadow

Tikal

Silver

Blaze

(Omega?)

Last year, Shadow had brought along the destroyer robot, E-123 Omega. Shadow was trying to show him the ropes of a Christmas party, and he seemed to catch on pretty well. The robot was actually conversing with people. Even though he was talking in a monotone, he was still talking to people like a normal person.