Chapter 11: Up and Down the Boulevard

Ten minutes went by. And neither Sonic nor Amy moved an inch from where they were when they spotted the picture. It was of both of them as babies. Amy was only a few months old, and Sonic had to be at least two and half if not almost three. That was the age difference between them. But they weren't the least bit interested in the math right now. They had their eyes super glued to that photo.

Different kind of emotions ran through their heads. Intrigue, amazement, but most of all, shock.

"That's me....and you.....as babies." Sonic stuttered.

"But....how?" Amy put her brain into overdrive trying to figure out how this was even possible.

"I have no clue." Was Sonic's reply.

Amy got up and began to quickly pace back on forth and kept asking the question in her head. How was that photo taken?

"I just can't figure it out. How and why are you in that one photo?"

But as Amy was pacing, Sonic had enough nerve to turn the page. And only then did he receive even more of a shock.

"Uuuhhhh.... Amy?"

"What?"

"It's not just one."

Amy knew there was only one explanation as to why Sonic would say something like that. So she went back to her knees right next to him and looked at the album pages. And then her jade orbs became fully visible again.

When Sonic turned the page, he found that there were pages and pages of baby pictures. Of both Sonic and Amy.

"This thing has pictures of the two of us from cover to cover." Sonic said.

Amy gasped as she thought of the only solution her brain was able to come up with. With a very frightened expression, she looked at Sonic.

"S-s-s-s-s-Sonic?" she stuttered.

The blue hedgie looked at her.

"Are you and I....brother and sister?"

Glass shattered all around in Sonic's mind. And then his face turned into one that was similar to the one Amy had. Sonic was freaking out as he thought of that possibility. He and Amy had done so many things brothers and sisters should never do with each other. All the making out, the romantic dates, and then there was that one night they rounded second base but that's a whole different story that won't be brought up again.

As the two of them slowly began to realize that this was a growing possibility, that they were in fact siblings, they did the only thing they could think of doing right now.

Panic.

Sonic began to dash from one end of the attic to another while just stood up and froze in her place.

"COME ON! COME ON! THERE HAS TO BE SOMETHING IN HERE THAT CAN EXPLAIN THIS!"

Sonic was shouting at the top of his lungs. While Amy could barely be heard.

"This can't be happening."

"YOU CAN'T BE MY SISTER! ASIDE FROM THE FACT THAT WE'RE BOTH HEDGEHOGS AND WE BOTH HAVE GREEN EYES, WE DON'T LOOK ANYTHING ALIKE!"

"How can the only guy I ever loved possibly be my brother? It's like the universe is just screwing with me now."

"OH DEAR GOD! I'M HAVING A HEART ATTACK!"

"The two of us....touched each other."

Sonic screeched to a halt because that line he actually heard.