23: Palace

Izumi: ✌️

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Recap:

Zoro turned towards (Y/n) who had been following by their side silently this entire time, "You sure you wanna stay here?" the latter raised an eyebrow, "Aren't you a target too? You could have been safe at Zou with the others." he explained.

"And let my captain sacrifice his own life?" she scoffed at the thought, "Over my dead body." Zoro noticed that just from the mention of Law, it had made her even more serious than before.

"You understand that too, right? As a right hand man." she said and Zoro answered, "Yeah. I'd do the same too."

On with Chapter 23:

3RD PERSON POV

Luffy finally exited the colosseum but he was crying badly.

"You've finally made it out so why are you crying?!" Zoro scolded the younger man but the latter continued crying anyways, probably wailing by now.

Kin'emon used his devil fruit powers to make some disguises for the four of them.

Luffy was a Carp mascot.

Zoro was a Cat Samurai.

Kin'emon was a Frog with a topknot.

(Y/n)'s costume was originally not within the theme of mascots, and she may or may not have intimidated Kin'emon with a glare, but now she was a Bunny with a Kanzashi hairstyle.

"You can't find the pirate hunter?!"

"The Witch Doctor escaped too?!"

The marines exclaimed while the group of four ran past them.

"I told you not to let your guard down repeatedly! Call the vice admiral!"

Apparently the disguises were so good that the marines didn't even notice Zoro's and Kin'emon's swords and (Y/n)'s staff attached outside of the costume.

"The Navy's totally believing we're just toys in the town-gozaru!" Kin'emon said happily.

"Just barely! You've chosen weird animals!" "And these animals have weapons too!" Zoro and (Y/n) rebutted.

"Hm? I thought these animals were kewl! Especially carps!" Speaking of carps, the one in the carp suit, Luffy, was still crying ever since they had left the colosseum

"Stop crying already! Don't you wanna save Tra-o?!" Zoro smacked Luffy and his head popped out of the carp's mouth. "I'll save Trao-o! And I'll kick Mingo's ass! Plus, the Mera-Mera no mi is in good hands!"

."In good hands?"

"I-I never imagined he'd be alive!"

"Who are you talking about?!" Zoro had just been ignored by his captain this entire time. Until now, the other three has no clue on who Luffy has been talking nor crying about.

"I-I thought... he died.. He died at that moment!" Luffy continued crying and Zoro hit him again, "Are you still crying?!" "B-Because.." he didn't manage to get through his sentence before crying even harder.

"I've never seen Luffy-donon cry like that. He must be very happy to see that person alive-gozaru." Kin'emon stated and Luffy agreed through his sobs.

"I'm asking you! Who is that person?!" Zoro's patience with his own captain was thinning.

"M-My brother!" "Huh? Brother?!"

"What?! Luffy-dono has a brother?!" Kin'emon was shocked as he had never heard of this before.