46: Finally over

Recap:

"Since we've been fooled by and been under the control of a pirate, maybe it's hard for us to trust another pirate! But...he's different from the Donquixote family who appeared in disguise as heroes on that night a decade ago! Straw Hat Luffy is someone that the real king, King Riku-sama, called "Our Hope!" "

"He fought Doflamingo earlier to within an inch of defeat! He's now knocked out after getting hurt in the battle but...it's not over yet! Dance with joy, Dressrosa! Lucy...promised me! That he'll knock out Doflamingo with a single blow!"

On with Chapter 46:

3RD PERSON POV

"Are you listening, Doflamingo?! You...puppeteered our king, deceived the world, and stayed here in Dressrosa as a false king. This is the place where you'll receive your punishment!"

It was honestly brave of the announcer to be calling out Doflamingo directly.

"With all your efforts, we successfully delayed the constriction of the Birdcage! It won't be long before Lucy, the star who was born in the colosseum, comes back! Hold on until that moment!"

Cheers of people from afar could be heard.

"Luffy-senpai! Here we go!" Bartholomeo joined in on the cheering.

(Y/n) was about to use another spell when a sudden sharp pain went across her body.

"ACK-!" she winced out loud whilst falling onto her knees. Half a second later, some of the other fighters like Hajruddin, Dagama, and Ideo did the same thing too.

"(Y/n)!" Robin cried in worry.

"The injured who recovered earlier are collapsing again!"

"The effect of the Dandelixers on those who got it first, is wearing off." Leo explained in the middle of chaos, "It's not gonna work twice!"

Shuten doji, Ibaraki doji, and the other shikigamis (Y/n) had managed to summon were thankfully still there, but they stepped away from the cage to check on their master, causing the others to suddenly bare more responsibility.

"I'm fine! Just focus on the Birdcage!" (Y/n) didn't hesitate to reassure her summons and they slowly but surely went back to their positions on the Birdcage.

"Oh, please! What weaklings! People in the back take the collapsed one's places! Get more people!" said people in the back responded and did as told, "We'll hold out at any cost! Until Lucy gets rid of the Birdcage!"

Some civilians helped moving the collapsed to another area and some even approached (Y/n). The latter told them the same thing as she slowly got up from the ground and was barely standing again.

"Finally! Lucy will come back in ten seconds! He should be listening somewhere! Call out the name of the star!" the announcer was back on the mic and the cheers of people could be heard once again.

(Y/n) decided to summon a stone hand again and almost collapsed again, but managed to stay on her feet. "Ah..my magic..." she panted but continued pushing herself.

"Three seconds to go!"

"Two- ack-!" the announcer must have gotten attacked mid sentence, mostly by Doflamingo himself. But that didn't stop him.

"Zero!" his voice was heard a distance away from the mic. You could even faintly hear the civilians with him.

"Where's Lucy?!" people were questioning for a few seconds when suddenly they started cheering.