8: Dark King

Recap:

"If his wound does open, won't you be able to close it, (Y/n)-san?" Jinbe's call snapped (Y/n) out of her trance. She was more focused on how traumatic the younger male must have been after witnessing his brother die in front of his eyes. It reminded her a bit of her past.

"I can..." (Y/n) answered, "but, it will be a race against time. And I think I will be on the losing side."

On with Chapter 8:

3RD PERSON POV

After the fiasco with restraining Luffy, he still managed to break through everyone and also break through the cloth barrier set up around the premises of Amazon Lily's forest.

Jinbe had volunteered to go after him and the others were currently resting. Law was still seated in the same spot and (Y/n) went back to making the food.

"Well, I heard that if a man enters the Maiden Island, he's gonna be turned to stone, but maybe it's worth dying for." Penguin spoke out his thoughts. "According to Aphelandra-chan, not all women were there at the port. The female-only island that I dreamed of! I wish I could take a look inside!" Shachi joined in on the fantasizing.

"You're gonna die, you idiot!"

"I wonder if there are female bears..." Bepo tried to join in as well but instead got shot down by Penguin and Shachi.

(Y/n) was handing the others food in the midst of it and was acting as if these kinds of interactions are normal, which they were. "(Y/n)!" Penguin called to the Witch when he was handed a bowl of food, "Were there actually more women on the island than there were at the port?"

Not expecting such a question, (Y/n) had to rack her brain for an answer. "Yeah, I guess you are right." she answered based on estimation, not like she counted how many residents were there in the first place anyway. The answer unexpectedly made the males excited and the female just walked away.

She came back with a bowl of food in hand and went to the captain's side, who was holding onto Luffy's signature straw hat. "What a rowdy bunch, huh?" she said to lighten the mood.

"Yeah..." he said before taking bites from his food, "Are you sure you shouldn't be the one to go after him? You are a woman after all." (Y/n) then sat down beside him with her own bowl of food, "I don't think I am the right person for him to talk to." as she said that, trees in the forest were toppling over and Luffy's screaming could be heard, "I wasn't there when Fire Fist died, I can't be the one to talk to him about it." she chuckled, "I'd probably get myself killed being near him too."

After lunch, the Heart Pirates were still waiting for Luffy and Jinbe's return. They were passing time with their own activities. The Polar Tang had been repaired from Luffy's outburst and currently it was Shachi fishing while the others were spectating. Law was still in the same spot with Luffy's hat in hand and (Y/n) was sitting beside him playing with the grass.

"He stopped screaming." Shachi pointed out and it was in fact true. Paying attention to the surroundings, they finally realized that it was oddly peaceful. "Now that you mention it, I wonder where Straw Hat is. He's gonna die if his wound opens up, right?" Penguin asked but wasn't able to get an answer when Shachi's fishing rod reacted. "I got one!" he had reeled in a fish.

Suddenly, a strong aura was felt and it was coming from the calm sea.

Penguin took out his binoculars and looked at the sea, "I think I just saw a fish..." but instead of a fish, it was a sea king.

"Th-That's big!" the sea king hit against the water surface and caused a big splash, "Look! That's a huge sea king!"

"Is it fighting?" Shachi pointed out when the water around the sea king started turning red, most likely due to its blood.

"It's dead! It got killed!" the same sea king that they had been looking at rose up to the water surface, unmoving and bloody. "But it's huge!" "I couldn't see what killed it!" "It's scary around here."

Narrowing her eyes at the water, (Y/n) was once again racking her brain to figure out what can naturally kill a sea king. It was later revealed what, or more like who, killed the sea king as a man came out from the water and started climbing the sides of the island.

"A man?"

"Hey! Who are you?!"

At this point, almost everyone was on their feet while waiting for the arrival of the mysterious man. The only response they got was after he had reached the top, "Oh boy..."

"Ah! Ray-san!" (Y/n) was the first one to recognize him and got up to greet him as if he was a long time friend of hers. Meanwhile the others were freaking out to be in the presence of the late Pirate King's first mate. "D-D-Dark King Rayleigh?!"

"Ah, (Y/n)-chan. Nice to see you again." Rayleigh greeted the woman with a ruffle of the hair before looking up, "Oh, it's you guys. We met at Sabaody Archipelago."

While he was making small talk with the pirates, (Y/n) quickly made her way into the sub to retrieve a towel. "Well, my ship sank in the storm and I had no choice but to swim. Ah, thank you." he took the towel and wiped the water off his body.

"Storm?!" Penguin exclaimed, "The calm belt is always calm - it's never rough! There shouldn't be a storm!" "That means his ship wrecked further away and he swam all the way here?!" Shachi added.

"I have a good breaststroke." "That's not the point!"

"Then, that sea king was fighting with...you?!" Shachi pointed to the sea king that was still floating in the water. "Only a legendary pirate could do that!" Bepo gasped, "Oh, I'm sorry."

"Oh yeah!" Rayleigh turned towards Law who had not moved from his spot still, "I assume Luffy-kun must be here on this island."

...

Back under the sea, the Heart Pirates and Polar Tang just left the island and Luffy's wellbeing into Rayleigh and Jinbe's hands as per Rayleigh's request. Law had informed him of how long Luffy had to rest to heal up his wounds and before he could start his training.

"What a waste. We got that far..." Penguin whined as he stood in the control room, "I wanted to get in the female-only empire..." Shachi added right beside him.

"They were allowing bears in." "Shut up!" "I'm sorry." "So weak!"

"Would you guys shut up already..." (Y/n) had woken up from her little nap beside the captain, who was the only one sitting in the room if you didn't count (Y/n). The guys have been complaining about not being able to enter the Maiden Island ever since they entered the submarine.

"I wonder what the Dark King is up to." Law finally decided to speak about his thoughts, "Whatever it is, I'm sure that "D" will cause quite a storm once again." he chuckled, "Can't wait to see him again."

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Izumi: once again, my first thought of rayleigh is that he is the old man that swam through the ocean/calm belt

Follow my instagram for anime shiz! : _.mizu.izu._

Join our discord! The link is (somewhere) in my message board and my bio. It's a place where fanfic writers and readers come to chill!

Thank you for reading, hope you enjoyed it, apologies for the mistakes and please do point them out. Please vote if you enjoyed it, it encourages me to publish more.

※ will update when free/not lazy/bored/when I have ideas ※