Day 5 of Christmas: Go Ice Skating

You, Sam, and Dean are currently in your car driving towards your nearest ice skating rink. Yes, your car. You convinced Dean to let you drive to the place, saying that he deserves a break and letting someone else drive for once. It took some begging and a homemade pie, but here you all were. Dean had run towards the passenger side door before Sam could take a step into the garage. Sam was a little grumpy, but you'd agree to let him play his playlist on the drive there, on the condition you'd play yours on the way back. Dean griped about how this wasn't as good as the impala and that it was just, "a hunk of metal.". He did have to admit that he was impressed by the technology in the car. You had a touchscreen radio that could also navigate where you were going. The sound system was great and the self-warming seats were nice. Still, nothing could beat his baby.

You never knew how to skate. The one time you tried to learn, you ran over your mother's feet at least 10 times. You'd gone on school field trips to skating rinks, only to hold on to the wall nearly the whole time. You'd finally started getting the hang of it, and it was time to go. Dean had been with a few girls who skated. They've tried to tell him it was easy. But since he never had money or time to try it, he just didn't know how. Sam knew people in his circle of friends who skated. Either skateboarding or rollerskates/blades. But again, he was a college student who had no contact with his family. So he was flat broke. And between keeping up with classes, girlfriends, friends, and everything else in between, he didn't have the time to learn either.  

The Bunker was about three hours away from the rink so you decided to leave relatively early. About 8 o'clock in the morning. That way it wasn't too early that you'd get too cold, but not too late that the ice would be too risky to skate on. When you finally got about 30 minutes out, you all took one last bathroom break. This was so that you would have to go through the trouble of taking off skates and putting on normal shoes to use the restroom. Also, you didn't feel too risky today. Preferring to use the port-a-potties only once if you absolutely had to. When you'd all arrived, Dean and Sam were reluctant to leave their warm seats in the car. After you all got your skates, you hit the ice.

Now many people might feel that you had to know how to skate in order to have fun doing it, but you didn't believe any of that. After about an hour of watching each other flop around on the ice, Sam had hit his rhythm. You followed behind, and Dean finally hit his stride afterward. You were all a laughing, smiling, blushing mess on the ice while having a few more mess-ups. The cold wind bit at your nose, but dressed in all the warm clothes you had, it seemed to not bother you all that much. Dean felt he was good enough to do a trick or two. First, he spun around once or twice and then moved to skate backward. Sam tried to do the same and ended up on the cold again while you and Dean laughed. But he got it after a few more tries. You just stuck to trying to skate backward and you were doing great until dean came up behind you and bumped into you. Causing both of you to hit the ice and it was Sam's turn to laugh. Dean got up first and it turned into a wrestling match on ice while you stood behind them and taped the whole thing on your phone.

It was a great day to be on the ice.