Chapter Fifteen

They were entering town at about nightfall. Eileen was fast asleep on her side of the vehicle. James was driving the vehicle in complete silence, other than the myriad of sounds coming from outside of the car. He turned on the radio and flipped through the stations until he came up on the Rock and Metal station that was currently playing Prayers/Triangles by Deftones.

He kept the station on and drove through town, admiring the neon lights and flourishing nightlife that had been thriving so far.

He pulled up to the house and sat back in his seat, admiring the fact that he was now safe and sound at home. He turned off the car and looked over at Eileen who was still fast asleep. He smiled and gently woke her up. She was getting up and out of the car when suddenly she didn't feel good.

"Are you ok?" James asked in worry. She looked over at him and nodded.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Eileen said. "Just morning sickness is all." James nodded. He walked her over to the house and opened the door for her and helped her to their room and told her to lie down as he got their stuff.

"Thank you." Eileen said. James nodded and smiled at her.

"Of course." James said and the two kissed before he left to go get their stuff out of the car.

After getting all their stuff in, James sat on the steps and looked at the stars in the sky. He remembered a time when he was little, him and Michelle would often lay down outside and just stare at all the stars. He was younger than her, obviously, but the two still found it incredibly cool to look at the stars moving in the night sky. James smiled at this and chuckled lightly to himself. Tonight was going to be a good night.

~

Later in bed, James tossed and turned, having a nightmare. It was a continuation of that one nightmare he had a while ago, the room of many doors.

He walked up to one door and saw a huge mirror sitting there. He walked up to it and observed himself. His features seemed on par to as they were in real life. Then, slowly and uncanny, his face started to droop downwards as if it were melting off. James applied his hands onto his face to push the extending flesh back to where it was supposed to be but the flesh kept descending off of him. James tried to scream but his voice was so hoarse that it was only a whisper.

James trampled his way out of the room, holding onto his face, and fell to the floor. Once he heard the door close, he felt his face and noticed it was back to normal. His breathing, which had become heavy, had slowed to a normal decibel. He picked himself up off the floor and turned back around. All of the doors in this place had vanished from his eyes. He looked around himself in fear only to notice that things had gotten deathly quiet.

It was so quiet, in fact, that James could hear the slowly rising volume of what sounded like a tumultuous ocean headed directly towards him. James looked around for a place to escape but realized there weren't any. He looked back and saw the ocean of blood head for him.

He quickly ran away but it was of no use as the blood ocean engulfed him and he felt himself losing breath as he was losing ground. He looked below him and saw what appeared to be a giant face with a large open mouth. He suddenly realized that it was the face of God ready to eat him as quickly as he had created him. James screamed in the blood water and soon woke up in a sweat. His breathing had become heavy again.

He looked over to where Eileen was sleeping only to realize that she was gone. James started to freak out and he called out her name only to hear her reply from in the hallway where the restroom was located. He got up and made his way into the bathroom to see her next to the toilet vomiting her guts out. James rubbed her back in a loving way.

"At least it's getting out. That's a plus." He said jokingly to which she chuckled and vomited. "Is there anything I can get you? Like any kind of medicine or something?"

"Well, I read somewhere that clear drinks like ginger ale are good. Anything with ginger in general should help." Eileen said and she vomited. "Also, Vitamin B6 supplements." James nodded.

"Alright, I'll go see what I can find." James said and he checked the medicine cabinet and noticed they had exactly that.... Vitamin B6 supplements. He fetched a cup of water and ten milligrams of the vitamin supplement. He gave them to her to intake to which she did successfully.

"Anything else?" James asked.

"A million dollars." Eileen said in sarcasm to which James laughed. She grinned despite her situation.

"Shit, I wish." James said and he stayed in there with her to make sure she was ok. Even though he hated being in a room with vomit, he stayed in there for her. He would do anything for her. He loved her and nothing would change that. Not even the immoral sight and smell of vomit.