Chapter Two

James and Eileen sat at the table and ate their dinner. It was silent at first but Eileen didn't like it one bit and si started to talk. James pitched in and together they talked about memories thdy bsd when they were younger and memories they had recently. Albeit, pleasant ones.

After dinner, James and Eileen got ready for bed. James was nervous about going to Reedsport. Afterall, this would be the first time he was ever away from her. Albeit, five or six states away from her. James was finishing up brushing his teeth when Eileen asked him about it.

"Uh uh, well kinda." James said. "I am just a little paranoid, that's all." Eileen moved up to James slowly and carefully.

"About what?" Eileen asked. He told her.

"When I go, this'll be the first time I have ever been away from you. Like really far away from you. And I just don't want anything to happen. To either of us." James said.

"Nothing will happen. Everything will be alright. Like I said, I haven't experienced any urges for the last couple of days. I'm improving, James. Improving for the better. You can trust me." Eileen said.

They were now staring at each other in bed. Eye to eye contact. James nodded and wiped a tear from his eye. The two kissed and they went to sleep. Dreaming those sweet dreams that would sadly end but they were worth the time dreamt.

~

Jamea held the phone up to his ear and awaited the line at the other end to form a connection. Finally, it did.

"George Beckett." The line at the other end said. James grinned.

"Hi George, it's James." James said.

"Oh hey James, how's it going? Did Eileen tell you I called?" George asked.

"Yes, she did. I wanted to ask about the trip. When are we headed tp Reedsport?" James asked.

"I'll have to email that to Larry or call Larry because he's kind of the one in control of this whole trip. My best guess, and this is an educated one at best, is next Monday. It'll be a 3-4 day trip or so I think. But just go ahead get ahold of Larry because he is the one in charge of schedules and all that jazz." George said.

"Alrighty, will do that." James said. "Thanks."

"No problemo." George said and the call disconnected. James dialed up Larry's number and called him.

"This is Larry Mitchell, to whom do I owe the pleasure of speaking to?" The line at the other end asked.

"Hi Lar, it's James. I'm just curious about the little expedition to Reedsport. George told me it may be next Monday but to go ahead and get the right facts from you." James said.

"Yeah, we leave next Monday and we will arrive sometime mid Wednesday. We won't head back until Friday which makes us arrive back at Willow Tree, hopefully, by Sunday. But let me just say that it looks like Oregon is looking good for us. I really think we hit the nail into the coffin with this one. The meeting should just sort any other things out but we should be fine." Larry said. James grinned.

"Well, I hope so. It'll be nice to broaden the horizons of our business." James said. Larry chuckled.

"Yeah, I think we'll do well. Afterall, our business has been doing well. So let's keep it that way." Larry said. "Say, how's the wife doing?" James nodded.

"She's doing fine. She's doing superb." James said.

"Well that's good to hear. Anyways, I will get back in touch with you soon." Larry said. James nodded.

"Alright, sounds good." James said.

"Ok, bye." Larry said.

"Bye." James said and the call disconnected.

James sat there on his bed just thinking about the call. This was a huge step for the business. An even bigger step for the people involved. This deal had to be a pitch for the angels and if it wasn't, well then things wouldn't look so good.

~

James put on his coat and was headed for the door when he noticed something was on the porch outside. A thin piece of paper laying near his feet. It was a wonder it didn't blow away in the wind.

James picked it up and saw that it was a sketch. A drawing of himself and Eileen. It was a really nice sketch. James looked around outside to see if there was anyone around but there was no one around.

He turned the paper over in hopes to find words that would signify who drew this sketch and why it was there. There were writings, however, they formed a sentence that said:

MORE TO COME

James walked in the house and looked for Eileen. He found her brushing her hair and getting ready for one of her therapy sessions.

"Hey honey, do you know anyone who would draw this?" James asked. Eileen took a look at the drawing and shook her head.

"No, why?" Eileen asked.

"Well, it was sent here on our doorstep. And it says 'more to come' on the back." James said. Eileen took the paper and saw the words say exactly that.

"Oh look at that, it does say that." She said smiling and gave it back to him. "Wonder who could've wrote that."

"Yeah, I'm in the white with all of this. I mean, what does that mean? More to come? Is that like more drawings to come to us? More strange things will come to us?" James asked, getting a little bit more paranoid by the second. Eileen came in and saved the day and calmed him down.

"Don't worry about it, babe. I'm sure it's nothing." Eileen said. James nodded.

"Yeah, you're probably right. It's probably nothing at all. Just drawings and such. No big deal. Nothing at all. Nothing whatsoever." James said.

"I'll be back in a bit. How about you go take a walk or a jog around the park. You know? Get all that excess nerves out of you. All that built up tension and fear. Just run it off." Eileen said. James nodded and said he'd do that. The two went towards one another and kissed.

Eileen then left for a session and James went on a morning jog. A little bit of sunshine and cool air never did him any wrong. No wrong at all.