9. Tension 🍃

The whole day had been keeping me on edge. Maybe it was just me but I couldn't stop feeling like something was wrong.

I took a breath before opening my locker to get my books for homework.

"Boo!"

I jumped and smacked my head off of the edge of my locker door. I fell down onto the ground with pain. "Fuck fuck fuck fuck" I cursed.

I looked up and saw Gaeun looking at me. "Oh my god Jisung, I'm so sorry-"

"It's fine! It's fine.. I'm fine" I replied quick. Gaeun had her hands in the air doing nothing. It was like she wanted to touch me but refrained from doing so. She simply stared at me with a worried look. "Are you sure? Hyunjin said you weren't yourself today so I came to check up on you"

Why was Hyunjin telling Gaeun my business in the first place was my question.

I sighed and got off the floor "I'm fine i swear" Gaeun hummed at this and followed getting off the floor.

"So... Um.. How are you?" She asked shyly. I shrugged "Could be better but I'm okay" I replied. Gaeun let out a soft oh.

"Well I was wondering if maybe you wanted to go to a café with me... This evening" she looked down at her hands.

I looked at her. "A café ?" I asked. She nodded. "It's okay if you don't want to-"

"No I'll go" I replied as I got reminded of Jihwan being in the house still and I really didn't want to talk to him. I avoided it for two days so far.

"Cool!" she smiled. I picked up my bag from the ground and closed my locker. Instantly she wrapped her arm into mine so we linked arms.

I felt a weird feeling rush through me. I found though, it wasn't like the feeling that I had when Minho complimented me. That feeling was weird and made me feel like I was having a panic attack from something so simple.

But this felt sad. But not sad for me, but for Gaeun. Ever since Jeongin said to me that she might like me I couldn't really place her on actually doing so.

But this... My gut told me this was more than some friendly arm link.

We walked up to the main door to leave and I never even realised that Gaeun was talking. She was chatting about her weekend from what I gathered.

I saw Hyunjin and Seungmin up ahead. Seungmin waved over. I waved back which made Gaeun stop talking.

"You two are looking... Cozy" Hyunjin smiled. I looked at him with a blank look. "Are we?" Gaeun asked. Hyunjin hummed "Yeah definitely" he gave a curt nod.

Seungmin chuckled "You both look so... Happy" He stared at me while saying this. He fucking knew I wasn't happy that bitch.

"Well we better be going!" I announced. "Café right ?" I looked at Gaeun for an answer. She nodded "Yep!" I noticed some of her friends from the corner of my eye.

She gave them a smile and they seemed to be doing weird hand movements that I couldn't really make out.

But even so, we left school and headed to this café that Gaeun wished to go to.

"I really like your jacket" She complimented. If I hear this compliment once more I swear-

"Oh thanks"

"Where'd you get it?" She asked. I mentally froze "Uhhhhh" My mind screamed at me the most horrid things.

You got it from a guy you weirdo, a guy that made your heart flutter, a guy? A guy.