|5| - Now-

Emily walked out of Scarlet's room, while Colter walked up the stairs. She gave Colt a dirty look as she passed by, and he​​ looked down, trying to get by as fast as he could. Rushing, he stepped into Scarlet's bedroom, he sat on her bed as she zipped up her jeans in front of her mirrored closet door. Scar walked over and sat next to him. They sat there in silence, with Scarlet leaning her head on his shoulder.

She had heard it all from Emily. There wasn't a single thing that was left unsaid, and she didn't blame her. Scarlet knew she had beyond made a mess of things. She deserved what Emily had said. She believed she deserved worse.

Emily was only 21 when her brother dropped Scarlet off at her one-bedroom apartment. She was in school for music and acted like it. There wasn't a single night she didn't come home drunk or even high, but the moment that Scarlet took a step into the small flat, she knew that she would have to change for her. Emily did just that.

Cold turkey from it all, got a job instead of going to parties, she Met Adam at a coffee shop where she started to study at. Everything was looking up and three months later, he invited them to move in with him, which was the right call. A year later, they were married.

Scarlet took a breath through her nose, discovering that she must have been nose blind the night before. "Did you smell like that all night?" Scarlet wafted his grungy smell. She scrunched up her nose at the garbage odor.

Colder laughed at her pain. "Okay, I'm going to take a shower."

He pushed her off, sending her backward onto her bed. Walking towards her closet, which had some of his clothes in it, he looked in all the usual areas, but couldn't seem to find what he was looking for.

"Hey, do you know where my jeans are?" He started to look through her drawers again.

An anxious look fell across her face. If she thought she had messed up prior... she took in a deep breath.

"Uhh, so about your pants." She awkwardly stood up as he turned around to her. "I might have worn them and might have spilled paint on them."

She walked towards her dirty clothes pile which was on the floor and pulled the pants off the top, which had huge white splatters all over them.

"Rein! Those were my favorite." He rushed over to them and grabbed the legs as she held the waist.

"I thought I wouldn't make a mess this time." She silently said under her breath.

Being annoyed, Colter didn't know why she would even think that. "Have you seen your floor? There is paint everywhere." There wasn't a single time that she hadn't spilled paint everywhere.

"Ok, I will fix it. Go take a shower, and they will be done by the time you get out." She pushed him out, not having any idea how to fix them.

She shut her door and pulled out all her paints and started to pour them onto her palette. Scarlet stared at the pants for what felt like forever and began to smear more paint on them. She flicked and splattered her brushes all over them until they looked better than before.

Adding a few flames to a back pocket and the end of the right leg, she stood up to clean. Right as she put her last brush away, the water turned off, and the shower door slid open. Scar grabbed the now dry pants, thanks to Emily's hair dryer, and walked to the bathroom door.

Wishing that she had never even touched his pants, she knocked, "Hey. They aren't perfect, but you are like famous, so it doesn't matter." She laughed.

"They are out here when you need them."

She bent down to place the pants on the ground right as the door opened to a naked Colter with only a towel wrapped around his waist. Her eyes traveled up to see him staring at her, brushing his teeth. She stood up and handed him the pants, trying not to look down.