|16| -Then-

The school day was over and something had been bothering Scarlet all day. It wasn't like she tried to focus on other things, like her schoolwork, but the same thought just kept flooding into her mind every time she tried to think of anything else. The more and more that she thought about it, the more and more it hurt. Thoughts of self-doubt and thoughts of insecurity made their way in.

Finally, she managed to build up enough courage to ask him about what was on her mind.

"I know that you thought I started a rumor this morning, but your freak-out was a little much. Seriously, would it have been that bad to sleep with me? Do you think that low of me?"

Scarlet pushed Colt's arm off of her while they walked out of school. She hated the way his words had hurt her and how much they poisoned her brain.

"Is there something majorly wrong with me for you to act that disgusted?" She kept walking without him as he stopped. He didn't know how to respond. Unlike Scar, he hadn't been thinking of what he said or what he was going to say.

"Rein, that isn't what I meant by that."

What did he mean by it then? He flipped out when he heard what Ty had said. His mind just went with the first thing that popped into his head. Words ran without meaning.

"Then, what did you mean?" Scarlet began to walk back towards him, there was a group slowly forming to hear the argument.

Colt wondered if there was nothing else happening at the school. Why was there always a crowd around him and Scarlet?

"Can we take this somewhere else?" Colt asked, noticing people pointing at what Scar was wearing, and whispers began.

Ever since the two of them had begun to hang out, everyone who was anything took notes of what Scarlet wore and who Scarlet was, never doing that before. She had become the Serena van der Woodsen or even the Blair Waldorf of their quiet school. They wanted to be replicas so that maybe they could get Colt's attention too. They never did, though.

Scarlet stormed off. She was done with Colter. Even though she had planned to say more and her comebacks were good, she didn't want his attention, his friendship, or anything else he had to offer. She just wanted him gone. She reached Adam's car and asked for him to drive before Colter could follow. Turning out of the parking lot, she forced herself to not look back, taking in a deep breath.

"Where is Colt? Don't you have practice today?" Emily wondered while Scarlet walked in, Adam soon behind. Scarlet carried on upstairs, not even blinking at Emily's question.

"What happened?" She quietly whispered to Adam.

Adam walked over to the couch where Emily was sitting. "There was a huge fight between the two of them today. I don't know what about."

Emily looked towards the stairs where Scarlet had previously run up. "Well, do you know why Scarlet is wearing Colt's clothes?" Looking confused, Adam hadn't even realized.

"Did you hear her leave this morning to go to Tyler's? I didn't."

"Just talk to him, Scar. He didn't know that what he said could hurt you, if he knew, he wouldn't have said it like that." Ash said over FaceTime.

She paced from corner to corner. "I thought you were the one who is always on my side. Why are you taking his?"

"There are no sides, Scar. He really is sorry, and I just want band practice back."

"It's been a day, calm down," Tyler spoke up. "Not taking sides, but if I was Scar, I would be mad too."