|13| -Now-

A week and a half went by, and the band was heading to the airport. The undercarriage's storage of the van was packed from bottom to top. Everything was encased nicely and carefully for the three-week tour. The caravan that picked them up from each house was way more prominent than what Emily rented for them to drive in when heading to and from their concerts. The bus had six rows, which Ashleigh, Tyler, Colter, and Scarlet took over quickly.

Alison and Emily rested in the row that sat behind the driver, speaking to one another a few times, but nothing big was said. Ash was sitting in the row behind them, leaning up against the right window panel while facing her feet that were on the bench. She fell in and out of sleep over the hour-and-a-half drive to Calgary. Tyler was in another row back with AirPods in, tuning out the surrounding world. A few times he would switch over to TikTok instead of listening to music, but the internet was trash, always sending him back to just the radio. Colter and Scarlet were in the farthest row, giggling and making jokes to one another, 'trying to sell' their dating to Alison, who had no trouble falling for it.

Ash and Scarlet talked after the fight, and she explained that she and Colter were not dating. She tried to make it very clear that the kissing was 'awful' and that she had no intention of doing it again. Ashleigh apologized for telling Emily what she thought were facts, and they made up. It took forever for Ash to even look at Scar. She was disgusted still that she would kiss Colter.

After their conversation, Ashleigh and Scarlet told Emily what happened and why Ash thought that. Emily understood, and she brought up the point that couples kiss and if she and Colter wanted to sell it to Alison that they were dating, they needed to kiss. Pretending to be disgusted, Scarlet even told Emily the same thing that she had told Ash, that Colter was a bad kisser. Ashleigh, it brought up from time to time, but even though it hurt Emily, she still pushed for them to do anything they could to convince Alison it was real.

When they finally arrived at the airport, Tyler was the first one out the door. He pushed past Emily, knocking her book out of her hand. He fell to the blacktop and began to stretch out. Every bone was loud when it cracked.

"Ty, it was only a two-hour drive." Emily stepped out of the car. "Not even that." She looked down at her phone as she picked up her lightly damp book, which fell into a reduced puddle.

"My legs were sore. I should have sat sideways like Ash." Tyler said while practically doing yoga in the middle of the parking lot.

Alison smoothed down her shirt. "One hour before take-off. Come on." Alison said, being the next one to exit, after Ash.

Turning around, Alison looked back to Colter and Scarlet. "Come on, lovebirds. Private jets don't wait for anyone. Well, they do, but I don't." Alison started to walk.

"Private jet?" Scarlet asked, with Tyler and Ash saying the same thing outside the car.

Colter and Scarlet hurried out, with Scarlet almost trampling Colt in the process. She took a step out of the dark gray van as the driver began handing them all their things.

Colter, who was nervous to fly, asked, "How long is the flight?"

"Around 12 hours with a couple of stops, not included in the time." Rebel responded, slipping on her sunglasses. "So 14 to 16 hours."

That didn't calm his nerves, which he wouldn't show.

All six of them proceeded to walk. Emily looked at her watch, then looked behind her. Colter was carrying his and Scarlet's bags on one shoulder, holding them on tightly, and holding her hand with his other. Scar was rolling her suitcase, but Colt kept trying to reach for it, causing her to laugh uncontrollably as the bags kept slipping off his arm. Emily turned back around and rolled her eyes. She thought that they were taking dating life, a little too seriously. It was looking a bit too real for her.