|4| -Then-

"Colter, how's the chicken? I didn't overdo it with the lemon, did I?" Adam asked, placing the dish down that he had just previously used to serve everyone with. Emily and Scarlet, in unison, scrunched up their faces in response to their bite.

"I really love lemons."

Colter, now reluctant, forced himself to take a bite. It looked like his face had felt a zap of electricity. Trying to hide his true feelings, Colter took a huge gulp of his water before being able to respond.

"Mmm. So good. I..." He choked on a seed. There was also lemon, in his water.

Grabbing his glass of water once again, Colt flung the lemon to the table before chugged it down in hopes of mending his gagging issue. He tried to smile between swigs, but it wasn't working. All Emily and Scarlet could do was stare, trying not to laugh. They knew that Colter was trying to make a good first impression, but anyone could see this was going down hill fast.

"I love it." He finally managed to say with heavy breaths.

"Honey? I am rinsing this off of my chicken and the kid's as well. You almost just killed Colter." Emily grabbed their plates and walked to the kitchen.

Scarlet whipped her head around. "Wait, let him eat more," Scarlet yelled, but Emily was already gone.

Adam gave her a dirty look, feeling like he must, but he couldn't help but laugh under his breath.

"So, Colter." She faced him and crossed her hands, placing them gently on the table. "Would you like to explain to Adam how you found our address?"

Stopping instantly from laughing, Adam looked over at Colter as if he was saying, 'What? Are you stalking my niece?'

"Uhh." Staling to think about a different answer that wasn't the truth, he looked at his empty glass that was sitting on the table.

"I need more water. Does anyone else need any? No? Okay." He rushed out of the room. Scarlet rolled her eyes.

"How did he find the address, though?" Adam leaned over the table towards Scar.

"Stupid Ashleigh." She huffed, grabbing her water and taking a large sip.

After dinner, Emily and Adam were cleaning up while Colter and Scar sat on the couch. "Ready to write a song?" Colter asked.

"I told you no."

"And I said yes. We are tied, which means we do the positive action. Mine."

Leaning back, Scarlet crossed her arms and gave him a soiled look. "Uhh, no."

"Come on, Rein. Live a little." He stood up and jumped onto the couch. "Dance with me."

"You think because I won't write a song with you, I will just dance with you instead?"

A smirk took over his face. "Exactly."

Colter grabbed her arm and pulled her up. "See, now you just put your hand on my shoulder," He directed her hand up. "...and your other hand in mine." Scarlet placed it into his. "Good. Now waddle in a circle."

"I know how to dance." She looked up at his face. "Waddle? In a circle? That's the best you came up with? Mansplaining at its finest."

"Well. You say something better then."

He leaped down off the couch and grabbed her hips, picking her up and placing her on the ground next to him, continuing their motion. In that moment, Scarlet was unconsciously falling for it. It was like they were straight out of High School Musical 3, where Troy and Gabriela were on the rooftop garden dancing. Pushing more into Colter, Scarlet began to enjoy it, just a little.