|20| -Then-

Tonight was the night. The thing that would make or break what they had created. Up until that moment, nothing had mattered. That show had to be Falling Water's best show. Club owners who wanted to sponsor the band had come from all over just to see them perform.

After the incident had cleared, they were labeled the 'real deal' by rock bloggers everywhere, which grew their popularity. Emily had even become their manager and media team. She was in charge of everything and the band didn't have any problems with it.

As the band sat backstage, Scarlet was getting her camera ready. She turned to do practice shots on the boys, which came out better than she thought they would. She turned off her camera and went over to the snack bar and grabbed some water.

"Can I talk to you?" Colt snuck up behind her.

"Aren't you already?" She giggled at her lame joke.

"Thanks again for getting Emily to calm down with the whole misunderstanding the other month. I'm glad I don't have to hide from her each time I come over."

Scarlet turned her nose up when she heard the word 'misunderstanding', but let it go. "That was some awkward times."

Each time Emily would walk into a room, even though she knew Colt was there, he would duck down behind anything he was near. It was hilarious for the group, but not for Colt. There were many bruises at the end of it.

"It was a real issue. You kept getting hurt each time you fell to hide, and your agony wasn't funny anymore." She smirked at him.

He pulled Scarlet into a hug. "Well, thank you."

His arms wrapped tight around her, sending her into a calm state. She gently squeezed back, taking in his scent. It was the one thing she absolutely, entirely loved about him, and it was most definitely the only thing she loved about him. Just knowing that he smelled of the same fresh scent every day, brought a smile to her face whenever she saw him. It brought joy to her to know that even though everything around her was changing, he wouldn't, he would stay the same no matter how they treated each other. They would always be friends.

They equally broke their grip at the same time, which made Scar a bit sad. She wanted to be held by him for a little longer.

A voice came from the metal door. The person was speaking to the band, but Scarlet and Colt didn't hear a thing. If you followed Colt's gaze, it would lead back to Scar's. Their eyes met and did the talking for them. Neither one of them blinked nor looked away. They were both memorized by the other.

A snapping noise came from the couch, but again, nothing. It was like they were hard of hearing when it came to the real world. The snapping became louder and even some claps came in their direction, but it wasn't until Colt was pushed out of Scarlet's orbit that they realized they were hypnotized by each other.

"Dude! What?" Colter yelled at Tyler, who had just pushed him.

"Didn't you hear us or the stage manager? We are on!" Tyler looked confused by Colt's reaction, but it was true, Colt didn't hear a thing.

"Okay. Let's go!" Colt ordered. He pointed towards the door, and they rushed out with Scar behind them with the camera in hand.

The group got on stage and the energy in the club shifted. It went from bored by waiting to excite in .2 seconds. The crowd roared and from where Scar was standing, she could see and tell who Falling Waters needed to impress.

Every attendee was wearing Falling Water's merch or some outfit that went along with the theme of the band, and then there were the sponsors. Business attire after business attire. Suits and pantsuits filled the back row as if they were a group of popular kids on a bus. All with judging looks and notepads to take notes on. Scarlet was worried about them and wondered if they even had what it takes.