Ropo Worries.

// Mention of blood and death / Ropo & Jack / Rest is lighthearted friendship though, different scences and timeline, Ropo just worries about Jack sometimes, protective too, they both are, but that's not shown here

Skip the first one if you don't want to read the mentions of blood or death. Not really angst though.

-

[Ropo's house, Kitchen] (During Iron Man & Jack ARC)

*Sigh*

"Jack, I know you want to be a hero, but I'm worried." Ropo says, conflicted. Jack narrows his eyes and glances toward to Ropo's phone on the kitchen counter, before looking back at Ropo.

"Ropo, I have a suit! I do basic stuff with you already! I can handle a big mission."

Ropo clenches his teeth as he leans onto the kitchen island. He looks down as he thinks. Will it really be a good idea? He knows that Jack is good at technical stuff, and is actually pretty good in close combat, maybe more than himself, but Jack has barely had any experience. Unless you count being a police officer and dying good enough.

"Fine."

Jack blinks. "Huh?"

Ropo looks back up and gives a slight smile. "You can come with me. And hey, if you do great, I'll let you come on more missions!"

Jack smiles wide and jumps. "Woo! Hold on, let me get my suit! This'll be amazing, thanks so much Ropo!"

Ropo smiles wider as he watches Jack run out. Though, his smile falters and his eyes dims. Maybe he worries too much. He looks down as he brought his hands up. He remembers scrubbing hard at them, having held Jack at the court.* Sometimes, his mind plays tricks on him, and he swears he can still see the dark red blood on his hands, staining it.

-

*The place where Jack gets shot and dies, the court 👍

-

They both sat at a random bench in the middle of a park after getting ice cream. It was a nice day out after all.

Ropo taps on his phone with his left hand, while his right held a strawberry ice cream cone. He licks it time to time.

Jack also held a cone in his right, his was chocolate though. Jack looks at the bright blue sky, squinting. Suddenly, a question came to mind. "Hold on, how old are you?"

"19. Why?" Ropo replies, tilting his phone down and glancing at Jack. An eyebrow raised at the sudden question. Jack however, had his eyes wide as he stared at Ropo in confusion.

"You're 19?!"

"Yeah? How old did you think I was?"

"I don't know, I thought you were 16 or something!" Jack exaggerated his point by tossing his hands up. It was Ropo's turn to look at him, puzzled.

"16? Why 16?"

"Because I'm 16! And you're too immature to be an adult." Jack rolls his eyes and takes a bite out of his ice cream. Ropo narrowed his eyes and puts his phone down.

"You... You realize I finished highschool like, a year ago or something? A bit before me and Coco..." Ropo grimances when he mentions the name. "A bit before me and Coco met... Wait, hold on, you were 15 when I met you?"

"Yeah?"

Ropo turns to stare forward as silence washed over them. That was, until Ropo broke it. "Alright, don't give you alcohol. Got it."

Jack punches his shoulder. "That's the first thing you think of?!"

"Yes?!"

-

[Ropo and Jack's dorm, bedroom] (College Life, after "Jack's a chocoholic" episode)

Jack layed down on his bed, cheeks puffed up in annoyance.

"I knew there was something wrong! You kept eating a lot of chocolate, even more than you usually would, you wouldn't even go an hour without one in your hand! And then me and Carly get back to the dorm to find out you got sent to the hospital, then I see, and the fact that a doctor confirmed it, was that you're a chocoholic!" Ropo paced around next to Jack's bed, hands in his hair as he had took of his cap to rant.

Jack groans as he rubs his forehead, trying to soothe his headache. The doctor did say he might have withdrawals, like headaches. Apparently. "Yeah, yeah, Ropo. I was there for the last part."

Ropo turns and his eyes soften. He puts his hands down and sighs as he sat down on Jack's bed, facing him. "Look, Jack. I'm just worried. You're reckless," Ropo mutters under his breath that he was too, at least he had some sort of self-awareness. "And you're my best friend. I wanna make sure you're healthy and happy. But being sent to the hospital isn't one of those. Especially since you already go there so often."

Jack rolls his eyes. "You do too."

Ropo glares. "Not as much as you." He places a hand on Jack's shoulder. "It's just... Argh, this is too mushy and sensitive."

Jack crosses his arms and nods in agreement. His face seemed completely done with this whole thing.

"I don't want you to die. At least do it in a heroic way like saving someone from a bear." Jack chuckles at the joke. "But my point is, please don't continue binging chocolate. For your health and my sanity."

Jack grins and held the wrist if the hand that was on him. "Yeah, okay. I'll try."

Ropo smiles before yawning and getting up. He stretches and walks to his bed. "Thanks, Jack. Goodnight." Ropo flipped the light off and promptly collapsed in his bed, immediately snoring. Jack layed still, the only lightsource was his bedside lamp.

And Jack smiled.