Remote

// Ropo, Stark / Early Ropo. He's still in superhero school.

Wrote this as a little joke fic a while back and finally remembered to finish it lol

-

Ropo's eyes shrank as he shook in disbelief.

No, no, no, no, no, no, nO, NO-

He's stupid, oh god, this was so stupid, what in the WORLD was he thinking?! And now he has to suffer the consequences- Oh, he's so dead. He's a goner! Stark was actually going to kill him. Goodbye world! Ropo P. Powers shall not exist anymore-

"Ropo?"

Oh, screw him. Ropo slowly turned around in fear as he eyed his mentor. Stark stood in the doorway of Ropo's room (Man. Kinda wished he lived in a house or something instead of a room Superhero School.) as he raised an eyebrow. His arms crossed, Stark tilted his head to see whatever was in front of the red-capped hero in training.

"Soo... Watcha' doing? Not uh, doing anything bad, are you?" Stark questions, leaning forward a little.

Ropo splutters, trying to force out an excuse. "Me? Doing no good? Nope, definitely not! I'm- No- Hm..." Stark narrows his eyes at the answer, his memories bringing back things a certain someone did, like skipping class to get a fake tattoo or blowing up his lab.

"Right, right... So, kid! Where's my thingy?"

Ropo stepped back and pushed something suspicious behind his feet while his hands were kept behind his back, unmoving- which Stark hadn't realized before, mind you- and you know, just odd. Isn't it?

"Thingy? What thingy? Is it an invention? Hmmm... I actually haven't seen you work on anything for a while now... You should invite me to watch soon! Anyway, "thingy" isn't specific enough. I thought Cap already told you to specify something like that, no?" Ropo smiles nervously, trying to keep calm even though it feels like he's in a sugar rush or something. Which was kinda weird, actually. Ropo's not normally this... How should he put it? Hyper? Energetic?

Stark shrugged and straightened his back. "Oh, you know. The black-looking box thing with red buttons on it, made to, oh, I don't know, shoot rockets from a weapon for missions, hm?"

"Yeah, yeah, no. Never heard of it! Or seen it. Maybe Cap has it? Or maybe you misplaced it? That's an option, and oh! Look at the time. I gotta go to... visit Beast, because... He... Wanted me to test something! ʏᴇᴀʜ, ᵗʰᵃᵗ'ˢ ᵈᵉᶠᶦⁿᶦᵗᵉˡʸ ᶦᵗ.

Stark stared at him unamused. "Ropo."

Ropo stared right back, wide-eyed at him, and shuffled. "Stark, Iron Man."

"You broke it, didn't you."

The student sighed and pushed the remote he hid behind his back with a shamefaced. Stark stood straight as he looked up and down from the remote to the kid's face before uttering the words Ropo feared. "You're grounded."

"NO! I'M SORRY-"

"YOU STAY IN YOUR ROOM, YOUNG MAN." Stark pointed at Ropo with a frown as Ropo waved his arms in panic.

"BUT I HAVE CLASS!"

Stark blinked. Oh yeah, that was a problem, wasn't it? "Then you can't leave the school. For two days." Ropo tilted his head, confused.

"Only two days?"

"Do you want me to make it a week?" Ropo shook his head rapidly at that.

"Nope! Nuh uh, two days, okay!"

Stark didn't need to know that Ropo wasn't planning on going out anyway. It still being Wednesday, after all. The hero huffed, picked up the remains of the remote from the floor, and walked out to go back to his lab. "It's not my fault the remote was extremely fragile that it couldn't take a small drop," Ropo muttered in annoyance as he went to his bookshelf to grab his math book. Mind as well do homework now.