Dust

// Ropo , Jack (Mentioned), Bruno The Bear (Mentioned) / Infinity War / angst , the stars were supposed to be a metaphor , writing angst fuels me but god i need to write more fluff

Context (I should add these more often): Basically infinity war (the actual movie) but Ropo, Bruno and Jack were the main characters and Thanos does the snap thing and they die except for Ropo

Uhm, I thought of the "stars were melting" babble the flash (2014 series) kept saying and that's what inspired this lmao

-

The stars are lonely, Ropo thinks.

There were so many stars, yet they were all so many lightyears away from each other. They shine so bright against the dark sky.

Many stars die, but most people wouldn't know, nor would many care. It's stars, why care about stars when you don't know them? Ropo still stares up at them. How long has it been now?

The stars stayed. But the people didn't. Half of the earth's human population gone, in a literal snap because they were too late. He was too late. All of the fighting just to fail in the end. Ropo continues staring up at the stars however. He doesn't even know who he has left.

Ropo mourns the people he once knew, his throat hurt from screaming in sorrow. Their last words before they faded and turned to dust. Ropo had watched them. Jack stumbled, Bruno swayed. Bruno fades and Jack took one last look at both Bruno and him before he had inevitably die as well. Jack his best friend in the whole world, just gone without a body Ropo could even bury, and Bruno, a person (Mutant... Teddy bear?) he had just met, die. Ropo didn't even knew him well.

Ropo mourns over them, being the only survivor between the three of them. Sobs escaped his mouth as his tears made his face wet and sticky. He pressed his palms into his eyes so he didn't have to look at the world. He sat upon one of the buildings roof, but he couldn't be bothered trying to pretend he was okay. Nobody could hear or see him anyway.

The failure of the mission, wasn't something he planned for. All of them were so confident that they'd win, or maybe just optimistic. But they would've celebrated. It was unfortunate things turned out this way.

Ropo pleads, for the lives that they'd lost, for the people who mourn, for this to be all a bad dream. But it isn't. The lingering threat of Thanos was always there, he had just happened to win this time.

Ah, he would have to report everything to Nick Fury, if he still existed. Ropo sighs, tears still drip from his face. He wipes them away with his sleeves and stands up. What now? Lingers in his mind. What does he do now? Is there a plan somewhere on what the MineVengers do when half of the literal earth dies? Ropo wants to continue crying, but it would do him no good. He's gotten most of it out anyway.

Ropo looks up at the stars, burning, melting, lonely stars.

Then Ropo takes flight, his body levitates of the ground and his cape flow in the wind. He has to head home now.

The moon reflected overhead. The world seems duller, Ropo notes.