Chapter six

At dinner that night Dipper kept zoning out and thinking.

Bill Cypher. 

The dream demon, Bill Cypher.

The one who tried to take over the world and kill my family.

Is now my boyfriend.

Weird huh?

I didn't even know I was into guys.

"Dipper!"  Mabel calls again.

"Yeah, sorry?"  Dipper asks confused, his words jumble together.

"Are you okay?"  She asks.  He nods his head.

"Yeah, just tired."  Dipper lied.

After a silent dinner, the family decided to watch a few movies before going to bed. 

They watched about three movies before Dipper started drifting off to sleep.  He said he was going up to his room to go to bed and everyone said goodnight to one another. 

As Mabel and Dipper walked up the stairs, Mabel told him about how she liked a guy she met and how they have a date on Friday.  He was happy for her, really happy for her.  He gave her an encouraging smile.

But he couldn't help but feel guilty and jealous.  He felt guilty for having to keep his new relationship a secret and he also felt jealous he had to keep his new relationship a secret.  He felt guilty for not telling Mabel.  He told Mabel everything and she would be really upset he lied if she ever did find out.  But a part of him was jealous.  He could never introduce Bill to his family because they would try to kill him, let alone introduce him as his boyfriend.  He felt jealous that he couldn't sit down with someone and talk about Bill for hours like Bill does with his brother.  He was upset.  He would never leave Bill because of this, but a huge part of Dipper was upset over this.

The Pines twins said goodnight to each other and each went into their separate rooms.

Dipper laid on his bed emotionlessly.  He couldn't shake the feeling and he hated feeling like this.

He would never be able to go on dates with him.  He would never be able to go to California with him.  There was such a long list of things that the couple would never be able to do with each other and it made Dipper upset.

He fell asleep shortly after that, with the thoughts and feelings of the day playing and rerunning in his mind.

***

Word Count: 400
Date Published: 12/9/22