Chapter fifteen

The next few weeks went by quickly, mainly because nothing new happened.

Bill did his best to stay out of meetings so he could make sure his boyfriend wouldn't hurt himself again.  When he was in a meeting Dipper was over at Wills house for the few hours, which Dipper didn't mind to much.  He liked hanging out with Will.  Bill gave strict orders to everyone to not let Dipper into the kitchen when he's not around and he rarely gave Dipper anything that was even a little bit sharp.

On this day, Bill woke up before Dipper did.  He watched Dippers breathing as he laid against his chest.  Bill played with his hair lightly so it wouldn't wake him up. 

A half an hour later, Dipper finally woke up.  He rubbed his eyes and looked up at his boyfriend with a grin.

"Morning."

"Morning pinetree."  Bill smiles.  "Hungry?"

"Not really."  Dipper answers truthfully, "maybe I'll eat in a little bit.  You can go eat though."

"I'll just wait."  Bill shrugs.

Dipper scratched his arm and turned over more on his side.  He buried his head into the side of Bills head and his chin.

"It's inching again?"  Bill asks him calmly.  Dipper nods against Bills skin.

"Come on, we'll put another hot washcloth on it."  Bill said while kissing the top of his head.  Dipper couldn't help but smile to himself seeing how much his boyfriend cared about him, something he never thought would happen.

The two boys went into the bathroom and Bill grabbed a washcloth from under the sink.  He turned the hot water on and let the water run onto the cloth.  Once it was drenched, he rung it out and turned off the water.  He carefully pulled Dippers sleeve up and gently placed the cloth onto his cuts that mostly faded into scars now.

"Thank you."  Dipper smiles and kisses his cheek.  Bill nods.

"Don't mention it."

"Do you have a meeting today?"  Dipper asks as the two boys sit down back on the bed.

"Nope."  Bill says with a smile.

"You know I can take care of myself, right?"  Dipper asks him.  Bill nods.

"Clearly."  He says sarcastically.

Dipper laughs and kisses him on the lips passionately.  Bill happily kisses him back while putting his hands on the shorter boys waist, pulling him closer.

They break away from each other with a smile on both of their faces. 

"Oh Will gave me an idea to make you feel better about it!"  Bill rolled off the bed and grabbed a pen from inside his nightstand.  He rolled back over to Dipper.

He looked up to Dipper, who gave him a questioning look.  Bill smiled and took the washcloth off his arm. 

"Can I?"  Bill clicked the pen. 

"I don't know what you're doing, but I guess."  Dipper shrugged, confused.

Bill drew small stars around Dippers cuts and scars.  He took his time with each drawing, not looking up at Dipper once.  Dipper watched him lovingly, with tears in his eyes that he tried his hardest to blink away.

"Will told me a long time ago that one of his friends did this for him and it helped him a lot.  I thought it might help you."  Bill smiles while he continues to draw.  Dipper smiles softly.

"Thank you."  He whispers.

Bill clicked the pen and looked at Dipper.  He watched Dipper as the boy studied his arm with a smile. 

"Did it help?"  Bill asks quietly.  Dipper nods happily.

"Thank you."  Dipper says and looks at him.  Bill nods and kisses him lightly.  Dipper quickly kisses him back passionately.

After a few seconds they pull away from each other and both smile.

***

Word Count: 625
Date Published: 12/18/22