Chapter twenty-two

There was a lot of confusion amongst the family until they saw Bill and Dipper appear in the corner of the room. 

It was very still for a few minutes.  Everyone staring at one another. 

Mabel was the one who broke the silence.

"Dipper!"  She ran over to him and hugged him tightly, catching Dipper off guard.  He laughed lightly and hugged his sister back tightly. 

"I missed you so much!"  She cried.

"I missed you too."  Dipper said while pulling away from her.  They both smiled sadly at each other before his parents chimed in.

"So what's all this?"  His dad asks aggressively.  Bill grabbed Dippers arm but Dipper pulled away from him.

"This is Bill, my boyfriend."  Dipper introduced him.  Bill nodded with a stern look on his face. 

"You're a faggot now?!"  His dad screamed.  Dipper visibility flinched, a sense of daja vu washing over him.

Bill grabbed his arm again, "we're leaving."

"Not yet Bill please."  Dipper begged him sadly.  He was trying his hardest not to cry.

"Hello?  Mason!"  His mom screamed.

"Hey faggot!  Answer the question!"  His dad yelled.

"Don't call him that."  Ford and Stan said at the same time, catching Bill and Dipper off guard.

"Listen, I know I wasn't the most supportive, to be completely honest with you I'm still not."  Ford started, "but that has nothing to do with you both being guys.  I just don't want Dipper to be in an unsafe situation."

"I care that their both guys!  That's disgusting!"  His dad screamed.

"Then get out!"  Stan yelled back.

"Everyone shut up!"  Dipper screamed, causing everyone to stay still and stop talking.  Dipper sighed.

"Look, I know you all are confused or angry, or both.  But it's not going to do anything by yelling and screaming.  So quit it."  Dipper demanded.  Bill put his arm around his boyfriend.

"Guys if Dippers happy then I'm happy."  Mabel said quietly.  "I don't know if you'll forgive me, but I've really missed you."  She faced Dipper again and was crying.  Dipper smiled lightly at her.

"Of course I forgive you Mabel.  You're my twin sister for crying out loud!"

"I told you Mabes."  Stan smiled and Mabel laughed.

"I didn't raise you like this."  His dad muttered. 

"You didn't raise me at all."  Dipper snapped at him. 

"Then who did?!"  His dad yelled back.

"I did!  I raised myself!  You fuckers where always away and doing whatever the hell you wanted to do!  So yeah dad, I raised myself!"  Dipper yelled at him.

His dad only scoffed and Dipper turned to Bill.

"Can you teleport them back please?"  He said underneath his breath.  Bill nodded with a smile and snapped his fingers, causing the married couple to vanish.  The room was silent once more.

"So wait, why did it take you so long to come back?"  Mabel asks him. 

Dipper rolled his eyes, "Bill wouldn't let me."  He smiled.

"Hey!  You make it sound like I'm so controlling."  Bill said dramatically Dipper laughed.

"You are."  He joked.