Chapter seven

The next day Dipper walked into the forest, still upset from the previous night.

He couldn't make the stupid feeling go away no matter how hard he tried. 

He was at the river before Bill so he sat down and laid his back against the ground.

He just sat there thinking until he heard someone walking towards him.  He didn't look away from the sky, he already knew it was Bill.

"Hey pinetree!"  He says with excitement as he lays down next to his boyfriend.  Dipper gives him a small smile but doesn't say anything.

"What's wrong?"  Bill asks him.  Dipper sighed, unsure if he should tell Bill his thoughts or not.

"Nothing, just tired."  Dipper lies.  Bill eyes him.

"You're lying."  He accuses. 

"I'm just thinking alright?"  Dipper said, suddenly more annoyed then he had been in a long time.

"Oh."  Bill says quietly.  He shifted away from the smaller boy.

It was silent for a long time.  Bill wanting to say something but afraid Dipper would flip out and leave, Dipper wanting to apologize but couldn't find the words to say.

"I should probably go, Will is waiting for me.  Bill finally said in an irritated voice.

Panic rises in Dipper.  He subconsciously grabbed Bills arm before he could get up.  The taller boy looks down at his boyfriend questioningly.

"I'm sorry.  I didn't mean to be rude.  Please don't leave."  He begged.  Bill nods with a soft smile on his face.

"Why are you so upset?"  He held Dippers hand and Dipper looked up at him.

"Mabel has a date this Friday and she's telling everyone about it."  He says stupidly.  He looks away from his boyfriend.

"I don't follow."

"I can't tell anyone about us."  Dipper says quietly, "I can't even tell my stupid sister."  He muttered.

"Pinetree, I don't care if you tell people."  Bill ran his hands through the smaller boys hair, something that gave Dipper comfort, "even if they try to kill me, they won't be able to."

"No, but they'll stop me from seeing you."  Dipper says.

"Then just tell your sister.  I'm sure she'll understand."  Bill says encouragingly.  Dipper looked back up at him with a smile.

"I think I'll wait a little longer.  Besides, I could be in a worse situation."  Dipper replied.

"Is there anything else bothering you?"  Bill asked him.  Dipper shook his head.

"Does your brother know we're together?"  Dipper grins up to his boyfriend.  Bill nods.

"He could tell something good happened."  Bill admits.  Dipper nods, knowing what that was like with his own sister.

"He was okay with it?"  Dipper asks as Bill moved his bangs out of his face.  Dipper's face turned red and he looked away from the other boys face.

"Mhm.  He said he can't wait to see you again."  Bill traces his finger over Dipper's birthmark.

"How many time's are you going to do this?"  Dipper asks, suddenly overwhelmed with insecurities.  Bill smiles softly to him.

"Until you're not insecure about it anymore."  He says simply.

"That's never going to happen."  Dipper looks back to his boyfriend with a smile.

"Hm.  We'll see."  Bill challenges.

They sat in a comfortable silence for a little bit.  Dipper watching the clouds, and Bill watching his adorable boyfriend while running his fingers through the smaller boys hair. 

"Hey Bill?"

"Yes pinetree?"

"I have to go back to California in two in a half weeks."  Dipper says sadly.  Bills face falls slightly but he still smiles.

"That's okay.  Remember, I'll visit you in your dreams."  Bill reminded him.  Dipper nodded.

"It won't be the same."  He says slowly, "I mean it'll be so much more difficult.  And I'll have anxiety the whole year that Ford or Stan found you."  Dipper rambles on.  Bill shakes his head and puts a hand over his boyfriends mouth, causing him to go silent immediately.

"Calm down."  Bill orders, "we'll make it work, alright?  I can't die, even if they do somehow get to me it's not like anything to bad will happen."  Bill sighs as he noticed Dipper was still tense.  He pulled his hand away from Dippers mouth.  "But if it makes your feel any better, I won't come to this dimension."

Dipper nods with a small smile on his face.  "Thank you."

"Anytime kid."

***

Word Count: 725
Date published: 12/10/22