Chapter twenty-one

A lot of time passed in the blink of an eye.

A lot of time.

Eight years worth of time.

Yet, not much has changed.

Well, a lot had changed. 

Mabel now lived with Stan and Ford in Gravity Falls.  She worked at the high school and she loved her job.  She was single and honestly loving it.  She missed her brother still.  She wouldn't ever get over it.  But she was starting to heal. 

Meanwhile Ford and Stan had been slowly regaining their bond.  It decreased the levels of tension in the house which Mabel was grateful for. 

As for Bill and Dipper, thing's have never been better.

Dipper had grown a lot more comfortable in Bills dimension.  He was gladly bossing people around, giving out ideas, and talked back to everyone.

Bill loved this side of Dipper, and he was glad to see it. 

Dipper had been clean of self harm for two years now.  Which Dipper was surprised by. 

Today was Dippers birthday.  And Bill couldn't forget.  He made everything perfect for his boyfriend.

Bill was standing in the kitchen monitoring everything going on when Dipper jumped on his back and covered the blinds eyes.

"Guess who!"  Dipper joked.

"Very funny pinetree."  Bill said sarcastically and Dipper got off his back. 

Bill wrapped his hands around Dippers waist to pull him closer.  Dippers face turned red and Bill kissed the top of his head.

"Happy birthday my love."  He said.

"Thanks!"  Dipper he said with a giggle.

"So we're gonna have breakfast here, then go over to Wills for a bit.  Then you can pick what else we do?"  Bill suggests.  Dipper nods in agreement.

A bell chimed from somewhere, cuing it was time for breakfast.  Bill led his boyfriend over to the table and sat down next to him.

They ate their breakfast quickly and Bill teleported them both to Wills house.  Will saw them and hugged them both.  Will had become like a brother to Dipper.

"Happy birthday!  Here."  Will shoved a box into his hands and Dipper laughed.

He opened the box and pulled out a journal.  He smiled.  "Thanks Will."  He hugged him again and Will hugged him back.

"Bill told me you're old one was getting full."  He comments once the two boys pulled away from each other.

"It's great, thank you, really."  Dipper smiles.

Bill looked at his watch and smiled.  It was now noon.  Bill had planned to stay at Wills until noon and then go back to the castle.

"Alright, we'll come back later tonight."  Bill says.  They all say goodbye to each other and Bill teleports him and Dipper to their bedroom in the castle.

"Okay pinetree, I'll give you one wish.  Anything you want I'll give you.  Just for today."  Bill said while looking down at his boyfriend.  Dipper thought for a long time.

"I want to see my family."  He said quietly while looking at the ground.  Bill sighed.

"So who would that be?"  Bill asks after a few seconds.  Dipper looks at him hopeful.

"Uhm...well my sister, my parents, Stan and Ford."  He said quietly and looked at the ground again.

"Fine.  Just for today."  Bill agrees finally.  Dipper laughs and hugs him tightly.

"Thank you!"  He said excitedly.  Bill smiles.

"I'll be there the whole time.  If anyone of them yells at your we're leaving."  Bill said once Dipper pulled away from him.  Dipper nods eagerly.

"Okay.  Where do you want me to teleport them all to?"  Bill asks.  Dipper thinks for a minute.

"Just the living room of the Mystery Shack."  Dipper decided finally.  Bill nods and teleports Dipper and himself back to Dippers dimension. 

He watched as Dipper looked around with a smile.  Nothing has changed and Dipper was grateful for that.

"Ready?"  Bill asks him while grabbing his hand.  The other boy nodded and Bill teleported them to the living room of Dippers previous home.

***

Word Count: 663
Date Published: 12/19/22