A Broken World

It was quiet...too quiet.

Never in his entire life had Tails seen the city so lifeless, so grey, so...silent.

Tails turned around, looking at what was left. Espio and Charmy hadn't said a word since Vecter died and no one wanted to pressure them. Espio approached and put a hand on Tails shoulder.

Espio: I must take Charmy and return to base. Somebody...someone needs to find out how any of this happened...

Tails nodded. Espio just took Charmy and left without a word.

Tails turned to the girls. They all had tears on their faces, Amy being the worst looking of all. Blaze gave the two of them a hug, then she departed in another direction. Tails came over in confusion.

Tails: Where's she going?

Cream: Miss Blaze says she has to go home to her kingdom. She...she wants to support her people if this happened to them.

Tails looked in the distance, seeing a brief glow as Blaze used the Sol emeralds to make a portal and jump through, going back home.

Tails turned to look at Amy. They didn't speak, they didn't cry. They just looked until Cream nudged Amy's arm. She took the young Rabbits hand and walked off.

And Tails was left alone...

With nothing left to do, he took flight and rubbed his puffy red eyes, taking off to the only place he knew he could be alone.

...

Shadow sat in the ruins of the wood around him, the trees destroyed by a large blast variety of chaos spears and blasts in his rage.

He breathed heavily, his teeth gritted as his eyes were red from crying as he punched his fist into the ground.

After exhaustion finally came over him, he had a chance to think clearly. How could this happen? Who could've done this? Was it the doctor? Black doom? Or had his mind played one terrible trick on him?

Whatever the answer was, he knew he had to find out. And their was only one place where he could get answers.

G.U.N headquarters.

After taking a moment to stand to his feet, he envisioned HQ in his mind before he used chaos control. In a flash of light, the woods were gone and replaced with the cold metal walls of the base.

He immediately noticed things were a lot worse then he envisioned. Scientists, interns and soldiers alike scampered around the halls in a panic, not even realising the ultimate life form had appeared in the hallway. It was utter pandemonium.

Shadow pushed his way through the crowds and into the main communication centre.

People were getting calls left and right, no breaks in-between as the danger level had been raised to almost the highest level.

Shadow looked, wondering where commander towers was. Sure, the two had an uneasy alliance due to their past involving the ARK, but surely he would be on the front lines commanding people during what must be a global crisis?

He walked toward the chair, looked close and fell back as he saw a pile of dust where the commander used to sit.

He was gone...just like the others.

Shadow's moment of shock was interrupted by the sound of Metallic clanging behind him. He turned on instinct, but lowered his guard. Towering at double his height and eyes a glaring red, Shadow was actually glad to see him.