01| the day we met

SURE THING, Chapter One
Now playing Bound 2 by Kanye West
★━━━━━━━━

"how you gon' be
mad on vacation?"

☆✧༺ reign pov ༻∞☆

"we're finally in brazil!" my friend clare shouts as she records a video of herself. i smiled to myself before looking back to make sure my other friend sofía didn't get herself lost in the crowd.

noticed she was fighting to get through another crowd of people so i slowed down to let her catch up

it's currently 11:00 am in são paulo, brazil, and my eyes are dying to get some rest but i want to stay awake so i can explore while the sun is still out. i didn't know much about brazil since this was a surprise trip planned by my best friend but just from seeing it above in the air, it was so beautiful.

even though my family traveled around a lot, brazil was one of the places i never got to visit, If anything sofía should know more about the country than i do. i only tagged along because i didn't want my father to see that while i was away for college i got tattoos and nipple piercings

"the uber is here" clare said, gathering all her bags. i looked around the area we were sitting to make sure nothing was being left behind before gathering my bags.

time skip

"we should go to the beach," clare said as she unpacked her suitcase. i looked down at my phone to check the time, the numbers read 3:40 "don't you think it's too late for the beach now?" i asked, only to receive a weird look from both of my friends.

"its never too late for the beach" sofía said, her colombian accent always sounding nice whenever she spoke.

i looked through my shopping bag for one of the new bikinis i bought while shopping earlier today, the ones i had packed weren't so vibrant in colors so i picked up a few new ones.

before leaving the hotel i packed a bag with my towel, sunscreen, and a few snacks in case i get hungry while were out. for some reason, i always get hungry at least an hour after my last meal so not having to spend money on extra food was such a struggle for me.

the walk to the beach from the hotel we are staying at wasn't that long, maybe about ten minutes depending on how fast you walk, and i tend to walk fast most of the time. we found a good spot that wasn't too crowded and set up everything. i took a quick break to drink some water, the sight of the beach looked even better when you stood in the sand, watching the waves close in and push themselves back.

children were either running around, building sand castles, or swimming in the water with their families. there's a group of boys playing football not that far away. most of them looked like teenagers and others were adults, i smiled to myself as a memory of my father teaching me and my older brothers how to play football came back to my head. being in brazil's hot weather and beautiful sights only remind me of when we lived in panama.

FLASHBACK

"papi, can you play football with me, mikey and mar?" i asked my dad who was sitting down watching the news.

"didn't you kids want to learn how to play baseball just a minute ago?" he sighed turning off the tv and picking me up in his arms.

"yeah, but mikey said that football is more fun"

papi laughed as he closed the front door behind him, my brothers were already outside waiting for the both of us. both dressed in their football uniform because they have a game soon, it's better to have some extra practice.