17| summer 2011'

SURE THING, chapter seventeen
Now Playing Special by SZA
★━━━━━━━━

"i gave all my special
away to a loser, now i'm just
a loser"

☆✧༺reign pov ༻∞☆

"ow that spot hurts!" sofía yelled then slapped my hand away from her face.

"i tried telling you it wasn't worth it but you didn't listen so suck it up." i took out a clean cotton ball from its bag and wet it with rubbing alcohol and peroxide.

it was currently three am in brazil, we left the hotel around eleven pm yesterday night to make sure that we'd make it to the airport on time. but before that sofía and clare got into a fight after i told her everything that happened.

normally i would break up their fights but i felt too much hatred toward clare to play hero. i wanted her to feel some type of pain to make up for everything she did.

sofía only had a few scratches on her face but clare was taken by the medic for her broken nose, seeing her dramatically scream was the best highlight of my night.

i didn't want to think about neymar or anything that revolved around him. acting oblivious to things going on in my life might be the only thing good i can do.

unfortunately, as much as i tried to act unaware of everything and filled my brain with the word hate every time i thought of neymar i still have feelings for him. it wasn't like they'd magically disappear so quickly...i truly did love neymar but sometimes you just have to learn the hard way.

i should've never let clare convince me to come on this trip, this would've never happened if i went home to new york and spent my break with my family. but here i am, in the airport trying to keep everything bottled up.

i hate that it took me eighteen years to finally believe my mom when she'd tell me 'a man will always be a man'. thinking back to it made me regret not listening to my dad's lectures either.

i snapped out of my thoughts when i felt sofía's hand on top of mine "what's going on in that brain of yours? your face is all scrunched up" i looked up, giving her a small smile before throwing away the cotton balls and alcohol pad.

"i'm fine, let's go before they call for boarding." i quickly walked out of the bathroom to avoid talking about last night. i hated crying around strangers and i knew if i spoke the truth i only would've ended up sobbing.

"since you don't want to talk, are you hungry?" i shook my head, taking in a deep breath. that was a lie, i was dying to eat something but i had no appetite, damn hormones.

i just wanted to get out of brazil already, the happy memories that i made here all turned into something that i regret, i tried so hard to bury the memories in the back of my head but every time i thought about it my heart ached.

i wasn't sure if i was being dramatic but i had a right to feel these emotions when the guy who i fell in love with ditched me over something we both caused.

"reign you have to eat something, you're also eating to keep the baby alive" sofía rubbed her hand against my back, and within seconds i felt at ease.

"i don't know what i want to eat"

"i'll get popeyes" sofía grabbed her wallet from her handbag before walking off to the food station. i stared at the floor, slowly getting lost in my thoughts once again.

i thought back to the last time i saw neymar at the beach, i wished i could turn back time and slap him harder but that isn't how my heart feels. i missed his smile and the way the sun always reflected off him, showing off his annoyingly beautiful hazel eyes.